Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - One year after Allan's passing
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

One year after Allan's passing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: One year after Allan's passing Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

one year's gone without Allan.

When he died you said that you had funny stories with him to share but you would wait some time to do it....is it time now, please? I love to hear that here Very Happy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're actually not funny, and now I realize that a year doesn't make any difference. Just about every artist I know has problems, including me, and those things aren't for the public. Jaco was a huge star and his dark side was way out in the open for everyone to see, and even write about. I'm not going to be the one who tells stories about Allan's problems after he's gone, especially since I'm friends with his family.

I played at Alva's last night and before our show there was an Allan tribute show put on by his daughters so I went down there early and saw a set. It was really good - two very talented young guitarists who played in the style of Allan, Joel Taylor on drums, Steve Hunt on keyboards, and four bass players who played with Allan - one was Ernest Tibbs who's a friend of mine. What impressed me the most were some of the great tunes Allan wrote that I hadn't heard in awhile. He was such a gifted musician!
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, if it's not funny i don't want to hear it Smile
I would love to hear your take on his music, i'd love to hear you cover one of his song in your style, that would be awesome.
What are your favourites Allan's tune?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have any overall opinion of his music - like with all composers, some of it I like and some of it I don't, and that includes my own music. I'm too lazy to go through my CD's and tell you which are my favorite songs, but I like Metal Fatigue and Secrets a lot. I really like Tony Williams Believe It, but I think some of those tunes were composed by other members of the band.
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scott! Smile
Cooper Tipping

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland and all its approaching regions have been taking the decision for the in independence. All the chances of the positive life and thesis writers services have been punctuated for the use of the tools in favor of the region.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??
dizzy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a certain type of Holdworth tune that I always liked—-

The ones where he programmed synths and played guitar on the programmed track——like the title track off of “Hard Hat Area”
There were several others like that on different albums. Or The Unmerry Merrygoround off of Metal Fatigue. That starts with a sequence but then goes to a real band.
I thought he was really creative with sounds in his compositions on those types of tunes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: