Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Headphone and tuner question...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Headphone and tuner question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Headphone and tuner question... Reply with quote

In the past, you have preferred the Sony MDR-7506 headphones if you were forced to use them. 😃. Well, due to noise constraints, we are looking at trying to jam with electronic drums into a mixer and then using headphones so everyone can hear each other. In that case, would you still choose the Sony’s??? My guess is that you would, but just checking...

Also, I want to change out the tuners on my guitar which are traditional locking tuners but they require a s rewdriver yo hold the top part...blah blah, I want a tuner more like the Sperzel kind with the locking mechanism in the back. Which tuners do you prefer nowadays?

Thanks Scott...

Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything I like more than the Sony's, but they're still brighter than what you'd hear using monitors - headphones suck for guitar.

I've always used Sperzel locking tuners until Suhr started making their own - they have a finer tuning ratio (I don't know if that's the correct way to say it), but you have to turn them more. For me they make it easier and faster to tune on stage - not that I'm ever really in tune anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: