Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Soul Driven overdrive
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Soul Driven overdrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Soul Driven overdrive Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I was wondering if you had the chance to try out the Soul Driven overdrive.

Thank you so much.

Sandro
countandduke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a quick search you’ll see that Scott has answered about the Soul Driven before.😃. He thinks it’s an “okay” pedal, but likes the SD-9 and Klon MUCH better. There are lots of guys that get great tones with that pedal and that mid knob looks REALLY cool and useful.

I’m sure Scott will chime in when he gets time but again, Scott’s answered LOTS of gear questions (thanks again Scott) and we all change our minds but the SD-9 and Klon continue to be pretty much irreplaceable...

Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Chris, it's a useful pedal because of the mid shift, but it doesn't sound as fat as a Klon and it's not great for switching between pickups like the SD-9. I've been using a Seymour Duncan Forza and I like it a lot - very fat and musical sounding.
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
Are you liking the Forza for the live rig or as a different color in the recording process?
Are you using it to push a crunchy tone or do you like it into a cleaner sound? or both?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used it in the studio, into my amp which is always set to crunch - I don't like pedals into a clean amp. Nothing can replace the SD-9 live, and I've tried a lot of distortion pedals. It's thinner than the Klon or Forza on high notes, but those pedals are much more woofy on the neck pickup than the SD-9, and I switch pickups pretty often during songs.
Sandro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Scott for replaying to my post and I was curious on the Forza too. Also tank to Chris to chime in...

Thanks
Sandro
Rifflord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thank's for putting up with our dumb-asses, Scott. I cringe when I ask questions around here because I know I probably sound like every other guitar noob in the universe. We just want to ask people who know their shit since the internet is so full of misinformation these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: