Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - You and Allan on "Secrets"
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

You and Allan on "Secrets"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: You and Allan on "Secrets" Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

a very close friend of Allan Holdsworth told us on FB that you recorded different guitar parts for the album "Secrets" by Allan....the guy said that Allan loved your guitar parts but he doesn't know why they ended up not being on the album.
Sometime ago i asked you what were your favourite album by Allan and you said Metal fatigue and Secrets but never mentioned your participation on the latter....can you please tell us somethings about that? How were those recording sessions? How many solos you recorded and on which songs?
I know i can only dream about it but i'd love to know more on this story Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?? ha ha - it's amazing how these gossip stories materialize. I never recorded anything for Allan, for any of his records. Not that I wouldn't have if he'd asked me, but he never did. We were planning to do the next Tribal Tech album after X with some guests, including Allan - maybe that's where that story came from.

I liked the guitar tone on a few tracks on Secrets and Allan told me those tracks were recorded with a Lee Jackson preamp, so he loaned it to me to check out. Another possible source for crazy stories.
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!
I had some doubts, now i'm sure that it was bullsxxx Very Happy
The guy also said that Allan was planning to do a "Duet" album, with different guys on each track, among them there should have been Zawinul...so, since we know the "Stolen chords" story, that's some more made up bullsxxx Very Happy
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard about the "stolen chords" story, it's like something deep in the back of my mind. Maybe Scott talked about it in GW. But I don't remember any detail of it.
Would you mind telling the story again (either Scott, ItAllanLover or whoever, since everyone knows the story but me).
thanks
(too bad it's a written forum, I mean with no sound... I love when Scott quotes Zawinul and try to sound like him)
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened on GW, something like Allan was on a Zawinul concert, and was asked if he would like to go to the backstage; he answered: better not, Joe thinks I've stole his chords...

Then, someone told Zawinul that Allan was in the audience, Joe replied

[deep rusty voice] THAT GUY STOLE MY CHORDS! [/deep rusty voice]
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cracked as well when Kinsey told on GW about a dream he had about Zawinul, during a Christmas eve, when he, Kinsey, was moving Zawinul's Christmas Tree, and he replied:

NO, NO, MOVE IT TO THE LEFT.

Impersonating that deep voice.

I listen to GW like that kid on Shrek Forever, expecting someone to do the roar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWbaDmzCu8g
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: