Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Strings Set
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Strings Set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Strings Set Reply with quote

Hello Scott, hope you are doing good.

How is it that album coming up?

I just had a quick question, I bought Cobalt wounded strings and wanted to know if you have an opinion on that, maybe you never tried them and got no idea.

For what I searched they seem to be a new product from Ernie Ball. Supposedly Cobalt reacts more subtlety to the magnets thus having a better dynamic response and a higher output and ofcourse the tone changes as well boosting more in the low and high frequencies. Another interesting thing Ive read is that it reacts great with distortion having a more clear sound on each note of a distorted chord.

Ive tried them on my guitar and they sound awesome but to be fair its been a while since I changed the strings on my guitar so you know, it could just sound great cause they are new. Though I did noticed a real change with the distortion on.

Also maybe you have some ideas over tests I could do to identify the sound or tonal qualities of this set.

Anyway I hope you are all doing good and playing a bunch.

Cheers!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album is going extremely slow - just finished tune #4 of 10.

I've never tried those strings, but the best way to test them is to record something with them, change to your normal set and record the same thing again. Comparing tracks should tell you what you need to know. Sounds interesting, maybe I'll give them a try.
stephane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott, how are you ? Can’t wait for the new album !!!

Are you still using D’Addario XL ? Or NYXL ? Because I tried and really appreciate NYXL that I use on my main guitars (btw a great Strat’ 63 Michael Landau and a real Tele from 68’, year of my birth Very Happy !).
A last question, did you try the Landau’s signature guitars ?

Thanks for everything, the (very) good music and answers to our many questions Smile !

Stephane.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use XL. A friend of mine bought a Landau guitar and I tried it. I thought it sounded great - it was the closest in tone to my heaviest Suhr, which weighs about 7 pounds 12 ounces. Wood is very unpredictable, so I'm sure there are Landau guitars which sound better than others, just like I've experienced with Suhr guitars. Add the personal taste factor and it's really hard to say one line of quality guitars on that level sound better than another.

There are particular things I like more on my signature Suhr guitar - the D shape neck, the modified bridge with the bigger arm, and especially the noiseless system, which allows me to use real single coil pickups - in my opinion they sound better than any noiseless pickup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: