Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Scott at the Baked Potato - Sat, July 19, '08
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Scott at the Baked Potato - Sat, July 19, '08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Scott at the Baked Potato - Sat, July 19, '08 Reply with quote

John Suhr, John's son Kevin, and I made the trek over to the Baked Potato on Sat night to check out Scott and his trio rip it up and he sure didn't disappoint. Scott had just returned from another exhausting tour of Europe where he had to make 14 flights in a space of two weeks, so he was pretty tired and he says it felt like playing at 8AM, but heck, that's still better than most people playing at 10PM. Wink

I thought it took most of the first set for Scott and the band to find a groove but by the near the end of it, they were really cooking. And then the second set was simply incendiary. Shocked Scott just has this amazing ability to play the most hip and difficult lines so effortlessly and make it all look so damn easy. And, of course, he just sounded awesome as the following clip will attest: big, fat, clear, articulate, aggressive and sweet at the same time.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#100836

The video was taken by John's son, Kevin, and the audio was recorded on the Roland 24-bit Edirol digital recorder, which was later synced to the video. Kevin did a great job and we've got plenty of more clips in the works. Scott's not crazy at all about how he played but he said the sound was decent, so he's allowing us to post the footage. He admits that it does easily beat most of the YouTube clips of him out there recorded on phone cams.

As far as I'm concerned, Scott's just getting better and at the peak of his game - undoubtedly one of the few wonders of the guitar world. Let's face it; whether you're into his style or not, absolutely no one can play like Scott. He's definitely one of my 3 or 4 favorite players. He's so friggin' amazing and just outright fun. We had a great time and we're looking forward to seeing him again soon - probably at Tone Merchants in September! Very Happy More clips to follow - there is some other amazing stuff coming up.

www.suhrguitars.com
johnsuhr@suhrguitars.com
stephane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid' Very Happy , thanks!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#100839

You'll need to type in the following username and password. We're having some problems with the .Me site.

username: scott
password: bigdog

www.suhrguitars.com
johnsuhr@suhrguitars.com
lukasz_s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks for the videos and.. Scott, you rock Very Happy

Keep'em coming if theres more!! Thanks in advance!
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed!

Awesome!

Anymore?
stephane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Very Happy !!!
rotren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incredibly good! Scott should really get a live DVD recorded. I mean, I bet a lot of guys would gladly pay just for those 2 clips you uploaded - loads of people would be buying a Scott Henderson Live DVD. Shouldn't be too difficult to do either, I imagine?

Hope to get to see/hear some more clips from that night!
Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You shared the most valuable info about the music which might help to reduce the stress level though as busy on superiorpapers and college writing things also pending to do but music take all things away from my side
patrickstraton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Scott at the Baked Potato - Sat, July 19, '08 Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
John Suhr, John's son Kevin, and I made the trek over to the Baked Potato on Sat night to check out Scott and his trio rip it up and he sure didn't disappoint. Scott had just returned from another exhausting tour of Europe where he had to make 14 flights in a space of two weeks, so he was pretty tired and he says it felt like playing at 8AM, but heck, that's still better than most people playing at 10PM. Wink

I thought it took most of the first set for Scott and the band to find a groove but by the near the end of it, they were really cooking. And then the second set was simply incendiary. Shocked Scott just has this amazing ability to play the most hip and difficult lines so effortlessly and make it all look so damn easy. And, of course, he just sounded awesome as the following clip will attest: big, fat, clear, articulate, aggressive and sweet at the same time.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#100836

The video was taken by John's son, Kevin, and the audio was recorded on the Roland 24-bit Edirol digital recorder, which was later synced to the video. Kevin did a great job and we've got plenty of more clips in the works. Scott's not crazy at all about how he played but he said the sound was decent, so he's allowing us to post the footage. He admits that it does easily beat most of the YouTube clips of him out there recorded on phone cams.

As far as I'm concerned, Scott's just getting better and at the peak of his game - undoubtedly one of the few wonders of the guitar world. Let's face it; whether you're into his style or not, absolutely no one can play like Scott. He's definitely one of my 3 or 4 favorite players. He's so friggin' amazing and just outright fun. We had a great time and we're looking forward to seeing him again soon - probably at Tone Merchants in September! Very Happy More clips to follow - there is some other amazing stuff coming up.

Can I get any information on the shows hosting this year? I haven't joined any of the shows by Scott so far. Please let me know if any. I have found most of the events and threads posted here are at least 3 years old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: