Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Composition / Writing workshop hand-outs
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Composition / Writing workshop hand-outs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicaldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
I talked about it with Adam from MyMusicMasterclass. The problem is that I wouldn't be comfortable teaching from my own tunes - I'm not that great a composer. I'd need to use examples from all my favorite composers, and that would bring up copyright issues, etc. I can get away with it in a classroom situation, but not in a commercial video or book.

Not a great composer huh ??

I have been listening to your music since the first Tribal Tech albums came out and it never gets old.

It's like watching a really good movie with a clever plot were you see/hear new things every time.

I have been longing for a video on composing where you analyse some of your tunes.

That would definately be an instabuy

Hoping for a gig in southern Sweden soon !

Cheers
Red Suede

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlantis made me feel good, sorta like when I first heard "On The Way Home To Earth" by John McLaughlin.....
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just add 2 cents on Atlantis.
For me also it took a lil’ bit to grant Atlantis the status of amazing album it deserves, as it insn’t definitely an easy catch.
But it was - for me at least - part of that fantastic musical wave raised end of the Eighties, that include Steps Ahead’s Magnetic, John Scofield’s Blue Matter, Joe Zawinul’s The Immigrants, Chic Corea’ Electric band and many, many more.
That musical era means a lot to me, because it was key to move my music taste closer to electric jazz first, and to jazz at all eventually.
Whenever someone out there is wandering about how great are some Shorter’s compositions on that album, please go on YT and listen to Endangered Species played by Esperanza Spalding and her band... awesome (including Esperanza...)!! A little jem brought back to life
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the 3cd set of atlantis, phantom navigator and joy ryder. Seems to me that atlantis is clearly the best of them. Haven't listened enough to the latter ones to have an opinion. Much more like corea elektrik band at least, which is necessarily not a bad thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: