Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - PM on youtube already!!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

PM on youtube already!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: PM on youtube already!! Reply with quote

Hi Scott, you might wanna know about this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPNI_s6ll5PUQffX36n2nUYO0o5EPrakj

A friend told me about it and i just couldn't believe it, the whole album.

Didn't wanna listen to it though i'm very curious about the album, i'm buying it tonight on itunes.

Last edited by peter_heijnen on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
romainlabaye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: PM on youtube already!! Reply with quote

peter_heijnen wrote:
Hi Scott, you might wanna know about this c#cksucker:

Didn't wanna listen to it though i'm very curious about the album, i'm buying it tonight on itunes.

Looks like CD baby or youtube automatically generated it and that guy just created a playlist out of it... It's on a "Scott Henderson" channel that has also been automatically generated by Youtube...
Alguitarist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs are not even in order!
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: PM on youtube already!! Reply with quote

romainlabaye wrote:
Looks like CD baby or youtube automatically generated it and that guy just created a playlist out of it... It's on a "Scott Henderson" channel that has also been automatically generated by Youtube...

Hi Romain, welcome on the forum!

Can CD Baby do that? What's the point of putting the whole album online for free?
percyguitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: PM on youtube already!! Reply with quote

romainlabaye wrote:
peter_heijnen wrote:
Hi Scott, you might wanna know about this c#cksucker:

Hi Romain:

It’s Percy from Beijing... congratulations on the new album!!! Just love your playing on it...

Can’t believe someone that is beyond stupid to put the whole new album on YouTube... if he likes the music and respect the artists he shouldn’t do that... I believe if people like the music they should buy it and support the artists. The price is already so cheap, almost the same price as a decent hamburger and fries Smile I bought mine on CD Baby yesterday and I told some friends to go buy it !!!

cheers,
Percy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, first I want to thank you for the positive reviews of the album! Much appreciated! Smile

The YouTube thing you're seeing is a streaming service - I signed up for Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, etc. Even though I think streaming is a sad-ass part of the music business, I get paid for it and CD Baby recommends doing it. Some people who hear it on a streaming service eventually buy it.

That being said, I didn't sign up for YouTube streaming and CD Baby made a mistake, which they're correcting. YouTube's service is no different than Spotify, in fact they pay a little more, but because of my long-standing problems with them over live concert posting, I don't want to associate with them unless I have to.

Once CD Baby removes the songs from YouTube, I don't think anyone else's playlists will remain, but if they do they're easy to take down.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i'll edit my first post and remove the swelling! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: