Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - The new pedals you are trying out
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

The new pedals you are trying out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
percyguitar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Everyone will think I'm nuts for posting this, but my original Klon came with instructions to use Duracell alkaline batteries. Later I was told by a tech that the Klon draws power from the battery differently than most distortion pedals, so using a Duracell makes sense. I have to agree because the Klon sounds better with the Duracell than the regular carbon batteries I use in my other pedals.

Here's the weird part - I tried an Energizer alkaline battery and it made the Klon sound terrible, so what's the difference between a Duracell and an Energizer? They're both alkaline, right? Apparently there's some things I don't know about batteries.

Hi Scott: Thanks again!!!!!!! You are not nuts:-) ha ha

I looked up a few websites, maybe the difference is the mAh of the batteries?

“To test the capacity that the 9V Duracell alkaline batteries can provide we are using a constant current discharge test with 0.05A load (50 miliampers) due to the fact that the total capacity of these batteries is not that high and they are not intended for use in situations where high current loads can be expected. The 9V Duracell Alkaline battery we have tested here managed to provide 311 mAh capacity before hitting the 6.6V cutoff voltage. We kind of expected the Duracell to perform a bit better than what we’ve got, but such capacity is to be expected from a decent 9V Alkaline battery anyway.
The performance of the 9V Duracell Alkaline Batteries in our tests:
– 311 mAh at 0.05A load
– 2.300 Wh at 0.05A load. “...

Check these out:
https://rightbattery.com/279-9v-duracell-alkaline-battery-tests/

https://rightbattery.com/525-9v-energizer-alkaline-battery-tests/

https://rightbattery.com/998-9v-gp-powercell-heavy-duty-carbon-zinc-battery-test/

Duracell: 311 mAh at 0.05A load and 2.300 Wh at 0.05A load

Energizer: 456 mAh at 0.05A load and 3.418 Wh at 0.05A load

Powercell Carbon Zinc Battery: very low, only 32 mAh at 0.05A load !!!!!! and 0.234 Wh at 0.05A load

Anyway, I found these interesting... and carbon batteries really have very low capacity compare to alkaline batteries!!!!!!

Actually... it only talks about the “capacity”... but What’s different between Duracell and Energizer that affects the tone? I don’t know about it...

Does anyone knows some other information on 9V batteries?

cheers,
Percy
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott and Percy, i tried buying through Ebay to Li Wen for the Klon but he didnt send to Singapore . I messaged him and havent had a reply. Would anyone be able to help me score one? Smile. Appreciate it!
percyguitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexThanos wrote:
Hi Scott and Percy, i tried buying through Ebay to Li Wen for the Klon but he didnt send to Singapore . I messaged him and havent had a reply. Would anyone be able to help me score one? Smile. Appreciate it!

Oh sorry Alex... did I misunderstand you, do you mean Li Wen doesn’t ship the pedal to Singapore? I am sure he would, he shipped many pedals out worldwide already, to US, Canada, Korea, Japan, England, Germany, Italy, Poland, Israel...etc etc...

Hi Alex:

I will send this message to Li Wen first thing tomorrow morning (it’s 1am here in China) ... I will let him check your order and the shipment and see if it is still at the Chinese Export Customs or if it’s at the Singapore Customs... there was one time a Partspipe Klon was at the Chinese Customs for a week because it was shipping with other electronic devices and the people were checking the boxes... I will let you know by tomorrow, sorry about the waiting... if the pedal was lost somewhere, Li Wen will send another one to you Smile

cheers,
Percy

Last edited by percyguitar on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
percyguitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexThanos wrote:

Hi Alex:

I will send this message to Li Wen first thing tomorrow morning (it’s 1am here in China) ... I will let him check your order. and the shipment and see if it is still at the Chinese Export Customs or if it’s at the Singapore Customs... there were one time a Partspipe Klon was at the Chinese Customs for a week because it was shipping with other electronic devices and the people were checking the boxes... I will let you know by tomorrow, sorry about the waiting... if the pedal was lost somewhere, Li Wen will send another one to you Smile

cheers,
Percy
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Percy, thank you but I havent made the payment and purchase Ebay wouldnt let me cos Li Wen’s Ebay specified he didnt send to Singapore. I wrote to him asked if he would make an exception that I got his contact and price of 160 USD from you and Scott but its been 2 days I havent heard back from him. Would appreciate any help from you Percy thank you Smile
percyguitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexThanos wrote:
Hi Percy, thank you but I havent made the payment and purchase Ebay wouldnt let me cos Li Wen’s Ebay specified he didnt send to Singapore. I wrote to him asked if he would make an exception that I got his contact and price of 160 USD from you and Scott but its been 2 days I havent heard back from him. Would appreciate any help from you Percy thank you Smile

Hi Alex:

Okay, I got what you mean...I think he did sent a Partspipe Klon to Singapore two months ago, I helped the buyer and sent him the eBay/ PayPal link, from your name I know it was not you. I am sure Li Wen will be happy to ship to Singapore unless the Singapore Customs had problems with importing electronic devices. Let me ask him what happened, I posted two eBay links, one for US buyers and one for international buyers because the pedals are at different locations (warehouse, there is a warehouse in China and a warehouse in the US)... anyway, let me find out for you:-)

cheers,
Percy
percyguitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexThanos wrote:

Hi Alex:

I just talked with Li Wen, he said they can ship anywhere worldwide including Singapore, did you clicked the wrong eBay link? I sent / posted two eBay links, one is for US buyers only (because that link ship from California) and the other link for international buyers (you should use this one because this link ship from Hong Kong China)

For international buyers (outside the US):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333140352482
Try again to contact them, I gave them your name “Alex Thanos from Singapore” they should know who you are.

Thank you again!!! Please use the above link and contact the seller and then use the “Make Offer” button and enter $160USD...

Smile ***** VERY IMPORTANT ****
When you contact the seller / Make Offer, you MUST tell them you are a friend of Scott Henderson and Percy Laws to get this discount price, otherwise they will still charge you $239.99USD and refuse to let you Make Offer for the discount price. This discount is ONLY for Scott Henderson’s fans / friends Smile

There are 4 looks of the pedal, they all sound the same,
exactly like the one Scott is using Smile

1) Gold
2) Gold with Horsie
3) Silver
4) Silver with Horsie
Contact the seller and tell them which look you would like to buy.

cheers,
Percy Very Happy Very Happy
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Percy, all good with the purchase! Yes, now ill be able to sound and play just like Scott and get really rich lol. Thx so much for hooking me up i have the original Silver Klon cant wait to AB them . Cheers !
percyguitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexThanos wrote:
Hi Percy, all good with the purchase! Yes, now ill be able to sound and play just like Scott and get really rich lol. Thx so much for hooking me up i have the original Silver Klon cant wait to AB them . Cheers !

Hi Alex:

Glad to hear you made the purchase successfully!!! Wow that’s cool to know you have THE original Klon, so please A/B them and see what you think and tell us about it Smile

cheers,
Percy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: