Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Distortions & Front of Amp Pedal Board
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Distortions & Front of Amp Pedal Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojolang

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Distortions & Front of Amp Pedal Board Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

I was thinking about creating a front of amp pedal board with all boosts & distortions. I was thinking RC2 > Klon > SD > Kollmanation > RevivalDrive.

Likely going to sell COT - I’ve found that pedal just sucks too much bass.

I know you’re not familiar w a couple of those pedals (but should be!).

When you’re using a backline (like deville or JCM 200), how does that change the way you use the SD & RC specifically?

I know you’ve answered much of this before but I can’t eemember whether you’ve touched on the second gain stage of the new RC and / or if / how you use with Klon?

Thanks,

J
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use only the Marshall JCM 2000 when renting amps - the gain on the crunch channel can be set to exactly the same as my Suhr amp, so the pedals don't have to change at all. The only down side is that the Marshall has a flubbier bass than the Suhr, so I usually have to turn it completely off. There aren't knobs on the pedals that'll help that situation.
Kasym

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There aren't knobs on the pedals that'll help that situation

Don`t want to advertise anything, but just bought this boost because it removes flubby bass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qd7AC66JmY&t=536s

About flubby bass at 5.23

Your tone actually inspired my to buy a boost pedal, I wanted RC-2, but decided that Buxom would fit my goals more.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try one if I see it.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I checked out several videos of the Buxom boost and I’m quite intrigued by the tight knob.
That could be useful to sculpt my neck pick up tone I’m generally not too happy with.
I have a medium dark sounding strat which I love when using bridge pu, but which becomes too dark and woofy when using the neck one...
Just a question @ Kasym - I’ve a bunch of pedals on my board, and the boost territory is currently covered by the RC Booster which I love.
No room for adding a new booster, unless it can perform as a clean OD, like the RC does.
Is it the Buxom really transparent? Despite the many test seen on YT, I did not get a clear idea on that. It seems it adds some color though, which is not necessarily bad.
Do you use it in front of a cruncy amp? Is that enough, pushing the amp, to cover the OD territory i.e. in a solo?

Many thanks
Fabio
Kasym

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumberstrummer wrote:
Hi
I checked out several videos of the Buxom boost and I’m quite intrigued by the tight knob.
That could be useful to sculpt my neck pick up tone I’m generally not too happy with.
I have a medium dark sounding strat which I love when using bridge pu, but which becomes too dark and woofy when using the neck one...
Just a question @ Kasym - I’ve a bunch of pedals on my board, and the boost territory is currently covered by the RC Booster which I love.
No room for adding a new booster, unless it can perform as a clean OD, like the RC does.
Is it the Buxom really transparent? Despite the many test seen on YT, I did not get a clear idea on that. It seems it adds some color though, which is not necessarily bad.
Do you use it in front of a cruncy amp? Is that enough, pushing the amp, to cover the OD territory i.e. in a solo?

Many thanks
Fabio

Sorry for my late answer!

Buxom has an Eq switch. You can turn it off to make it transparent(the tight knob still works) But it think it adds a bits of mids even though eq bypassed, unnoticable at the first try. and with different guitars and settings it works differently. I didn`t like it with a jazz gutiar and flatwound strings, but with a telecaster and SG it was unnoticable.
It has lot s of gain, and very loud. It is possible to get an overdriven sound when your combo is still clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: