Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Please, Scott, come back!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Please, Scott, come back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusion58

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda wrote:
Man, that sucks!

Well, if that person is reading this; Your sense of self seems to be over-inflated. Also, the idea of entitlement seems to be at play here. So, realize that no one owes you anything.
If someone gives you a gift, you say "Thank You". That's all. Not, "Took long enough", or anything to that effect.
Your selfishness has soured something for the rest of us. And for you.

Way to go, Champ! Evil or Very Mad

QFT.
Beavis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Please tell Beavis no hard feelings, and that it wasn't his question that made me decide to stop doing it - it was just a funny coincidence that he wrote that at the exact time I decided to stop. I know he was just kidding, but he has to admit he set himself up for a smart-ass comeback.

The real reason is that I felt it was cutting into my time too much, and the questions were getting kind of redundant. Just about every question about my gear, phrasing, transcription, blah blah blah, has already been answered and unless I completely re-invent myself, there's not much left to say that I haven't said already. I feel a good length of time needs to go by before I consider doing it again. Plus, I don't like being thought of as an Internet teacher and there were too many questions about music theory and scales and bullshit (I talk about that kind of stuff enough at GIT, where I'm paid for it).

So, you can post this if you want. I appreciate the hell out of my fans and it was a pleasure to communicate with them, but time for a break.

Thanks,
Scott
fusion58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - now we have someone impersonating Scott. Rolling Eyes
fatteletom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that sounds like Scott, and was probably transmitted via Dave H. If so, then I'm glad that Beavis' joking comment wasn't what turned him away. And apologies to B. if I was too harsh.

Good to know that Scott appreciated the interchanges, and I look forward to him doing a Q&A or two again in the future.

Maybe next time Scott releases an album, he could do a Q&A allowing only questions about that new album?
fusion58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's recap:

Quote:
Uhhhh...when do you think you will get off your lazy ass and respond to these questions? (Note: This question was posted by some idiot with three posts!)

Quote:
When you go fuck yourself, you idiot. And on that note I won't be answering any more questions. By the way, I posted my answers to questions #42 over three weeks ago, so take it up with the webmaster, not me.

For the rest of you it's been fun communicating with you, but due to time limitations and having to answer stupid questions like the last one, this is me signing off.

All the best,
Scott

http://online-discussion.dhenderson.com/ScottHenderson/viewtopic.php?t=999

So, as you can see, time limitations were not the only reason given.

Yes, we all know Scott is a busy man, but anyone who questions whether Scott was pissed about the comment in question needs to re-read the original exchange quoted above.

It wouldn't come as a surprise if Scott had forgotten about the incident now and moved on inasmuch as he probably doesn't waste much time thinking about anonymous Internet posters like the individual who made the offensive remark.

In any event, no matter how you spin it, the remark was offensive and inappropriate, Scott had a right to be pissed about it, (which he clearly was) and so do the rest of us.

It's unfortunate that the person who made the remark has yet to step up with a formal apology and those who defend him don't expect one.
Beavis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always great to have people like Fusion58 around...he can decide what is offensive and inappropriate for the rest of us. Oh, and he can read minds too and tell us what Scott is thinking! Maybe he should just answer the questions for Scott?

Scott is very cool and is damn funny too. The nice guy who runs this site enabled me to correspond with Scott so I know it's all good. He's gonna' answer questions again now so Fusion58 can dry his tears Rolling Eyes

He he
fusion58

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis wrote:
It's always great to have people like Fusion58 around...he can decide what is offensive and inappropriate for the rest of us. Oh, and he can read minds too and tell us what Scott is thinking! Maybe he should just answer the questions for Scott?

Scott is very cool and is damn funny too. The nice guy who runs this site enabled me to correspond with Scott so I know it's all good. He's gonna' answer questions again now so Fusion58 can dry his tears Rolling Eyes

He he

I didn't "decide" anything.

You can read the above direct quote from Scott for all the evidence you need that he found your remark offensive (at least initially.)

You (and the rest of us) are very fortunate that he decided to give you another chance, forgive and forget, etc.

Hopefully you'll keep this in mind the next time you feel compelled to start talking out the side of your neck.
Beavis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep in mind that your opinion means jack to me.
fusion58

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis wrote:
I'll keep in mind that your opinion means jack to me.

Not just my opinion - a lot of people were put off by your disrespectful, punk ass.

Like I said, we're all lucky Scott gave you a pass.

For all our sakes, please think before you open your pie hole next time.
Beavis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tough guy behind his keyboard talking smack... Rolling Eyes

Like I said before, I'll think about how your suggestions mean ass to me Internet tough guy....nice web site btw....
fusion58

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis wrote:
Another tough guy behind his keyboard talking smack...

A nitwit who, from the safety of his computer, (and while hiding behind the screen name "Beavis") asks Scott Henderson "when are you going to get off your lazy ass and answer our questions?" is busting my chops re: anonymous smack talk?

Keep the thigh-slappers coming, genius. Laughing
Beavis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott can take a joke...you are one.

We all know what you're slapping.
Budda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis wrote:

He he

First off, sorry if I was also too reactionary. I apparently didn't have all the facts, and maybe mis-spoke.

But I gotta ask, isn't fusion58 the Moderator? Or, at least the guy who corresponds directly with Scott?

If so, then that, in and of itself would seem to be the reason he would be in the position of making decisions on this particular Forum.

Again, not to fan the flames or anything. Quite the opposite, in fact. Just trying to point out that there are 2 sides to every issue.
This particular issue seems to be a "No-Fault" type of thing, where misunderstandings have led to an escalation of harsh words.
Maybe we could let it drop, and move on? Everybody has had their say, it seems. Any more would seem to be totally Ego-Driven.

I think we all agree about how much we enjoy Mr. Henderson's music, And also his willingness to share his experiences and thoughts. Maybe shift the focus to our common grounds, and just stop the whole thing now?
fusion58

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda wrote:

But I gotta ask, isn't fusion58 the Moderator? Or, at least the guy who corresponds directly with Scott?

Swain? Is that you?

What ever happened to the Carl Verheyen board, anyway?

At any rate, no - I'm not a moderator.

I don't correspond directly with Scott - I'm just a former student of his (a former student who takes exception to the way "Beavis" addressed my teacher - even if Scott doesn't.)

The smart money says this "Beavis" jackass is just a troll (check his post count and note how many posts he had when he made his infamous comment to Scott.)

In any event, as I said earlier, I hope next time he thinks before he opens his pie hole.
fusion58

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis wrote:
Scott can take a joke...you are one.

Joke or not , it was disrespectful.

You just don't say things like that to a teacher - in jest or otherwise.

Apparently no one ever taught you this.

In any case, you can either man up, admit you were out of line, and learn something here - or you can go on being socially retarded.

Beavis wrote:
We all know what you're slapping.

You.

Upside the head.

Repeatedly. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: