Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Secrets about Scott Henderson's Tribal Tech tone.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Secrets about Scott Henderson's Tribal Tech tone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fede76

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Secrets about Scott Henderson's Tribal Tech tone. Reply with quote

Hi Scott, I am a real big fan of you and your tone, I think you are the most innovative guitarist in the world after Hendrix Smile
Simply number ONE. My sons (15-12) can sing all your solos since they were younger... (ridiculous father, poor boys Laughing )
I studied a lot (most by ears) your approach to improvisation and of course your wonderful tone. In fact as you teach, I'm trying to get MY Ideas and MY tone, but I recognize that your tone (of course also ideas) is the best of every time, especially the one: '59 DS + GP1000 + Boogie 290 + EVM12L + Neumann.
My Ideas are similar but not too closed to yours and my tone is pretty nice and covers very well both worlds (to my ears Wink ) Tribal Tech tone and blues vintage full sound tone: It's composed by a involved 'all in one' 4U rack unit with: 'mini remote' loop switch + RC booster(SH) + BB preamp(AT) + Triaxis + Intellifex + Mesa2:90 + 4Greenback 8ohm mono-stereo 4+4. The guitar I use most is a Fender USA + Suhr FL std/'59 DS
(All std. Mesa tubes, best choice for tone)
When I use just one channel 90W in 4x12 8 ohm mono wired as yours I get a real good sound but when I need more clean range on clean solos like Metheny I need to use it stereo 4+4 but the sound changes (as you teach) and gets too dynamic/bright/modern, also greenbacks start breakin' up very quick.
So now that Electro Voice is producing new EVM12L Classic (a reissue of the 80's) I want to try also that way, maybe in one other cabinet 4x12, and finally reach the 'St. Graal' secret of Henderson's Tribal Tech unsurpassed lead tone (together with '59 DS in my opinion Smile )

But here comes some doubts!

Did you use the Mesa Boogie 295/290 in stereo mode in 4 x 16ohm EVM12L wired in 2 parallel 8+8 ohm, or 4 x 8ohm in 4+4 way?
I know they made also a 4ohm version so it could be possible 2 series of 4 (more smooth) and so 8+8?!

What's the difference between your setup of 2 cabs 2x12 in the Corea band and the 1960 of the last TT days?
EVM12L in stereo mode are better in separate cabs or not?
Should I better go for 2 cabs 1x12 8ohm? Mesa only have 8 and 4 ohms outputs.
Please help me understand, they are so expensive!
Last question: you told us in this forum that you used 'that cab' with EVM for most recordings of TT, did you use the 1960EVM in stereo mode or how did you mike that fantastic lead sound?

Really thanks for your time, I appreciate very much your job here.
Hope to see you again here in Italy with 'Scott Henderson Band' ...
God bless you!
Federico.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: