Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Interesting article
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Interesting article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojolang

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Interesting article Reply with quote

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-riddle-of-the-gun

Scott, I think you might find this provocative.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you've been reading my posts on facebook. I like Sam Harris and for the most part I agree with him. I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk much about enforcing the laws which are already in place and taking guns away from the criminals who already have them. This is an issue I feel has to be dealt with, even though it would require heavy resources and most likely cause some collateral damage. I recently posted feedback to what I thought was a very foolish article, and said a lot of the same things that Sam Harris says here. Not to pat myself on the back, but it feels good to agree with someone as smart as he is.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2012/12/18/top-10-myths-about-mass-shootings
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Man carrying assault rifle on shoulder in Utah J.C. Penney Reply with quote

The rise of the 2nd amendment supporters...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/photos-of-man-carrying-assault-rifle-on-shoulder-in-utah-jc-penney-go-viral/2013/01/18/546a6736-61a9-11e2-a2bd-7e4099229686_story.html

If I see a man with guns at a Whole Foods, that f***ing organic tomato and jalapeno hummus will be in his face...
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but it's JC Penny… everyone knows what a dangerous place that can be! If two women start fighting over a hat, you need a guy with a gun to break it up.
RobGLA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Brit now living in the U.S. I find this second ammendment stuff about guns very bizarre.

After the horrific shooting I posted a statistic about gun related deaths in other countries vs the U.S. on Facebook and got absolutely slammed by all these right-wing lunatics telling me I was wrong. Well, I'm not wrong!

I'm not saying it's just about the guns, obviously it's not - for example parenting is a huge part of it too, but to say that the answer is to introduce more guns into society arming teachers and principals seems like madness to me.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a society where religion and politics have nothing in common, in fact I never met anyone that used phrases like 'God, guns, country' until I moved to the mid-west, but it all seems so ridiculous.

I have a hard time taking someone seriously that tells me they are listening to imaginery voices, but that one is for another debate. Wink

It seems as though the constitution is outdated, it was formed at a very different time, it's not the wild west anymore and I think people should stop pretending it is. Just my two cents.

On a more cheerful note, great to see you at NAMM Scott - you tore it up and proved once again that tone is in the fingers, not the gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: