Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Tone Myths
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Tone Myths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randope

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Tone Myths Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Since I've started gigging regularly I noticed some things happening to my tone based on the situation of the room.
I am experiencing these strange things:

a. My tone sounds better when the room temperature is kept low.
b. My tone changes when more people are in the room (whether I like it or not depends).
c. My tone usually sounds better at night than during the day.

Does this happen to you also? Is the tone really changing or is this all in my head?
Are there plausible tone myths that all of us should be aware of?

Thanks! Hope to see you in Jakarta this March!

Randy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never noticed a change of tone due to temperature, but the amount of people in the room definitely has an affect on the acoustics, and like you said, that can be good or bad. I like dead rooms because the music I play relies on hearing the other musicians really well, so usually the more people in the room the better. I also prefer night gigs, but I've only noticed a difference outdoors. Daytime outdoor gigs always sound strange to me, but I don't know why. Maybe there's more general noise going on during the day and it subliminally floats onto the stage - just guessing here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: