Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Boss SE-70
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Boss SE-70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Boss SE-70 Reply with quote

Hi Scott, first of all thanks for helping me out with my bridge setup some time ago (i posted a video and you told me how to fix it).

I'd like to ask you about a the Boss SE-70. Do you have it always ON? i've been looking the Tech 21 controller and it seems to me you can't ON/OFF with it right? If so, do you always have some patch on? What would yo dou if you'd wanted to play some dry funk rythms with no reverbs or delay? (just an example)

Finally, in your setup, if you ON/OFF the Boss SE-70 with the control button, do you have a volume missmatch??

I've been really looking for some device (not rack) that can do reverb, delay and ohter stuf with line leve and the only device y know so far is the SE-70. This look promising though:

https://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/H9.aspx

Finally, could you share your ring modulator presets from Nairobe express on the live CD?

And reverb presets maybe?? Thanks!

Thanks a lot!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SE-70 is always on - it's easy to make a bypass patch by using a simple reverb or delay patch and turn all the effect parameters to 0, as well as the direct signal.

That pedal doesn't have nearly as many sounds as the SE-70, and I doubt as many banks to store them in either. It probably sounds good though.

Ring Mod
Patch - Kb Multi
FX turned on - Ringmod, NS, CE,RV,
Modulation f 50
Direct Level 0
Effect Level 100
Noise Suppressor Threshold 30
Release 30
Level 100
Chorus Mode Stereo 1
Rate 40
Depth 50
Pre Delay 2.0ms
LP Filter Thru
Effect Level 100
Reverb Mode Hall 1
Rev Time 3.0s
Pre Delay 20ms
HP Filter 100Hz
LP Filter 8kHz
Reverb Direct Level 100
Effect Level 70
Master Level 100

Reverb
Patch - Hall
Rev Time 2.0s
Pre Delay 100ms
ER Delay 0ms
ER Mix Level 0
HF Damp -5
Diffusion 0
Bass 0dB
Treble 0dB
Direct Level 0
Effect Level 25
Master Level 100
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I should have told you that the bypass patch will only work if you're using the SE-70 with a mixer, which you should be doing anyway because if you don't it'll completely ruin your tone.
Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!!

I think the issue (and where they guys from eventide will be getting the bucks) is that they will sell presets from another devices so you'll have to buy the good ones, and the not so good ones will come from factory (i'm guessin' here).

Yes, the mixer is absolutely necessary Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: