Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Fralin Blues Specials?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Fralin Blues Specials?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Fralin Blues Specials? Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I'll start with the obligatory (and truly sincere) thank you for the inspiration and the accessibility.
I'm curious as to whether you have had the opportunity to play Fralin Blues Specials and if so what your impressions are.
I know you favor the Suhr ML's, but are there other PUP's out there that you currently dig? I checked the index...carefully I think???
Thank you again...my current crop 7th grade bio students are really into Face First...go figure. They seem to also like Well to the Bone, but...I have to be ready to jump over and skip Lola Fay Fortunately the one or two times I have been too focused on what we were doing to realize...they were too.
Looking forward to new music whenever!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the their Woodstock pickups on Dog Party, but haven't heard any of their other ones. I have Suhr V60LP's on some of my guitars, and those are more traditional sounding than the ML's. I don't really have a reason to try other pickups at this point - of all the gear tests, that one is the biggest pain in the ass.

Yeah, my lyrics are often rated R. Don't let them hear I Hate You on Tore Down House - you'll loose your gig!
dvdkinman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott and jbear!

Curious thing i just did a comprison demo between the Fralin Blues Specials and the Fender Texas Specials in a strat trough Matchless amp, would be awesome if you Scott could give us your opinion, since i know you don't like Fender pups very much (hehe)

Thanks for a lot this forum Scott!

The video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5AkTCfkI0
jbear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your video, and I have a set of TS's in one Strat. I like them very much, and it seems like it's one of those sets that you need to spend a little time with to get the heights right (not forgiving in that regard). They seem to get dogged a lot...I dig 'em.
As far as Tore Down House...I have diligently avoided that disc in my classroom for that reason. There's plenty of other stuff to listen to, so...ain't no thang. That one stays in the car.

Not to be a nag, but...have anything close to releasing...on any front? Just so you feel better...I don't Smile I have about a thousand awesome song titles, and 30 second segments though...just not very many actual songs.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good video. I like the Fender pickups more with clean chords, and the darker Fralin's more with distortion. The comparison is similar to Suhr ML's and V60's - the ML's are a little darker because they're wound more. That's why I like to have both handy.

New album question answered in the New Tribal Tech Recording post.
jbear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,
Last PUP? Are you using the Landau Standards or Classics...or both?
Thanks again!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the standards - I haven't heard the classics but John says they have more high end than V60's so I probably wouldn't like them. The V60's have just the right amount of treble for me.
jbear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scott!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: