Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Questions for a champion
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Questions for a champion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raph_34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Questions for a champion Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I am Raphael, the guy that came from Paris to see you with HBC on 15th October in Montpellier, we had a brief chat after the concert about the fact that Paris - New Morning - doesn't pay enough to allow you to play there...too bad.....I hope you remember, anyway my friend Jac - 2nd CD that you signed - has a few questions for you :

Hi Scott, I am following you since mid 80's et my interest for your music has never waned.
For instance, I have transcribed your solo on the track "Tunnel Vision" in "Nomad" Album. One of the greatest musical and perfect solo ever registered in history.
Getting influenced and transcribe that kind of improvising piece is certainly the best way to improve its musical level.

Many thanks in advance to take the time to answer to these little questions I have for you :

- Does the fact of wearing a black or white tee shirt on stage influence your inspiration and perspiration ?
- Have you ever lost your clothes before a concert so that you were compelled to ask a girl for its shirt ? (specially in France Wink)

Now a few questions about Theory :
1/ Do you think a Maj6/9/11# chord sounds more mystical that a minor chord without 5th and 3rd ?
2/ Every time you play a Bb followed by a A, do you think about it as a tribute to huBb/Ard ?

Thanks for making life more beautiful and bearable through your music.
Have a great tour in Europe despite all this f@@@ing problems of planes, shame on our old airline company that the entire world hates, french being the first.....
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the fact of wearing a black or white tee shirt on stage influence your inspiration and perspiration ?

Yes, black is much worse for heat and perspiration. I'd wear Big Dogs white t-shirts at every gig, but I try to be a little more formal at shows, and for me that's as formal as it gets.

Have you ever lost your clothes before a concert so that you were compelled to ask a girl for its shirt ?

I've asked many girls for their shirts but it has nothing to do with concerts.

Do you think a Maj6/9/11# chord sounds more mystical that a minor chord without 5th and 3rd ?

No, the minor chord without the 3rd and 5th is just one note, so it's far more mystical. The other chord is just happy to be here.

Every time you play a Bb followed by a A, do you think about it as a tribute to huBb/Ard ?

Who wouldn't? After all, every human being should follow the teachings of a criminal/ child molester/ con-artist/ lame science-fiction writer who starts an evil cult which robs people of their hard earned money and tears families apart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: