Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Manic Carpet solo tone
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Manic Carpet solo tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vladorg

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Manic Carpet solo tone Reply with quote

First off, let me say that the new album is fantastic! Got it today and my first super obvious question is about the faux sitar tone on the solo of Manic Carpet. Was that an EHX Ravish Sitar pedal or how did you get that tone, Scott?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Jerry Jones Master Electric Sitar. plugged directly into my Fender Bandmaster with no pedal.

http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/master-sitar.html

The hard part was tuning the harp strings. You use a lug wrench and when you barely move the tuning peg, the pitch changes by about a whole step! Drove me fucking crazy but I eventually managed to get it in tune. I tuned it to some kind of E altered chord on the top strings, morphing into an A MA7 on the bottom strings. I spent way more time tuning than playing notes.

The six string part was also a bitch to intonate. They're fun instruments and not that expensive, but they require a lot of patience...
mhermans

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great album Scott! I've been a big fan for over 20 years now. I've seen you at Johnny D's in Boston a few times with Tribal Tech as well as with your trio. Wish you'd come back!

Love the writing, tones and playing on this album.

What guitar are you using on Chelsea Bridge? Sounds fat. Doesn't sound like a strat
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm happy you like the record!

Bruce Forman loaned me one of his hollow bodies for Chelsea Bridge. It was made for him by a luthier in Germany. It has small square pickups, but they're single coil. It's a great sounding guitar and it made me want to go out and buy a hollow body!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: