Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Gear used on Vibe Station
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Gear used on Vibe Station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Gear used on Vibe Station Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
Vibe Station is absolutely amazing! I bought it the first day and I listen to it all of the time.
I was wondering about some of the gear that you used on the record, specifically on Vibe Station, Manic Carpet and Dew Wut.
Was it amp distortion, or pedal/amp distortion throughout? All strats? Dew Wut sounds a little tele like on the solo?
Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ears! Yes it's a Suhr tele on Dew Wut, through an RC Booster, '71 Marshall and 4x12 Kerry Wright cab with Greenbacks.

Same gear on Vibe Station, except it's a Suhr strat through a Klon Centaur on the changes solo and at the end. Some of the rhythm parts are the Fender Bandmaster through the same cab or a 2x12 cab with Heritage 65's. I wanted to try the Xotic Robotalk for a rhythm part, but before I tried it, it started picking up a Mexican radio station so I turned up the gain on the amp and adjusted the pedal to the song tempo - made a great intro and cool FX throughout the tune.

All the guitar melodies on Manic Carpet are the Marshall and Fulltone PlimSoul pedal through the 4x12, and the chords are the Bandmaster - some tracks with an Arion chorus and some with a Moogerfooger Murf. The sitar is a Jerry Jones Master Sitar through the Bandmaster and 4x12 with no pedal.

I didn't use amp distortion on this record. I have a Suhr OD-100SE that does great amp distortion but it sounds best on the treble pickup. I couldn't predict if I was gonna stay there or switch pickups which I do a lot, so using pedals worked better for this project. The RC Booster, Klon, and SD-9 are great pedals for switching between pickups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: