Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Eef Albers
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Eef Albers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Eef Albers Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

I was just wondering, being from the Netherlands myself, have you ever heard of Dutch guitar player Eef Albers? he's pretty 'wellknown' overhere, but I once heard that many international players see him as one of the biggest talents ever. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory in the Hague, where I used to do lighting. He struck me as being so humble, almost shy. I know he played in Dutch prog group Focus, and did a record and tour with Vital Information.
Now he only teaches and does some bar gigs once in a while I think.

I'm asking you this because you are so kind and quick to respond to questions, and because of similarities in musical styles. And a guitarplayer from abroad of course.

Tnax in advance!

Grtz, Detlev
nigel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...that's an interesting question! I studied in Arnhem (NL) and had the opportunity to attend a workshop with Eef Albers back then. It was incredible! He's really is a great and unique musician.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Eef on my last trio tour at a gig in the Netherlands, but I knew about him before. He's a great player and an extremely nice person. Udo Pannekeet is a bass player who plays with Eef, and he played a few gigs with us on the last HBC tour when Jeff Berlin got an attack of vertigo and couldn't play for a few days. Udo flew from Amsterdam to Sweden and really saved that part of the tour. Ulf Wakenius was there in Goteborg when Udo played with us.

Udo came to to the trio gig with Eef and it was great to see him again - we all hung out for awhile after the show. Ulf and Eef - two guitar giants from the north! Uffe Steen is a Danish guitar player who's also great - I haven't met him but I love his playing.
Deet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the reply Scott,

I saw Udo Pannekeet a couple of times, he's amazing. I guess there's so many amazing players all over the world. One of the few benefits of the Interweb is, I get to check them out!
Hope to see you perform in the Netherlands again, last tim was on the North Sea Jazz in the mid 90's, when it was still in the Hague. (And still relaxed and cool, then they booked Kanye, and... well, let's not go there).

Cheers, Detlev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: