Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - SSC System 2
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

SSC System 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: SSC System 2 Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
Just wandering if the new SSC thing you mentioned a feaw threads ago is simply a 'dummy coil' system, or there's more to know about it.

Being a Strato player, to me the Suhr / Ilitch SSC sys might be the Columbus egg, provided it does not affect the tone that much.
Surfing the internet it seems that the dummy coil system (= a fake coil placed aside the pups somewhere in the body cavities) is quite aknowledged as an effective tool for reducing pups hum since many years, but also known as a tone changer.
After having read your answer I got for an internet search, with no success. No news around on a new SSC system, not on Suhr / Ilitch sites, nor anywhere else, including some aknowledged musicians' blogs.

How to get more info about it?

Many thanks in advance

Fabio
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Suhr doesn't mention it on their site. It's possible that they don't want everyone who has the old Ilitch system asking them to change their guitar to the new system.

The new SSC system is not like the old dummy coil, nor does it change the tone in any way. A dummy coil was a real pickup, magnet included, which added about 6000 ohms - that's a tone changer and then some. The SSC system has no magnet and adds less than 200 ohms, which I can't hear at all.

Vibe Station was recorded with guitars which have the new version of the SSC system.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story about the strange walk of music instruments business.
Wink
As far as guitars used in VS all sport the SSC 2, things are going to get even more interesting to me. Gorgeous guitar tone!!

Thanks Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: