Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Speaker setup idea.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Speaker setup idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Speaker setup idea. Reply with quote

Hello Scott!
I´ve just come home from Uppsala and your Consert/Clinic. It was great! I´ve started to think about what you said about routing effects separately to another amp. Heres what I´m thinking of.
1) I have a Bogner top 2) I have a 4x12 marshallstack.3) I´m buying 2 C.Greenbacks to upgrade the stack and to which I connect the dry Bogner Amp. 4) Then I connect another amp (my old Rocktron 150 Velocity) and to this amp I´ve routed my effects in stereo. 5) Then I connect the Rocktron to the remaining speakers in the cabinett.

Then I have a Scott Henderson-like setup but in the same stack. My idea is that the speakers on the top are the Greenbacks in mono (parallell wired-2 speakers 16 ohm each). The bottom Left speakers is feeded from the rocktron L output and the bottom Right is needed from Rocktron R output. Stereo effects!! Does this sound totally insane or should I get myself a patent?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two dry speakers on top and two wet speakers on the bottom seems like it would work, but the stereo idea sounds weird to me, because the two bottom speakers are right next to each other. That won't produce a very stereo image. Most guys who do that use a dry speaker cab in the middle, and a stereo power amp and two smaller cabs on the R & L of the dry cab.
Birger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Thanks for your answer Reply with quote

I was expacting som thoughts about the stereo idea in the same "box". Maybe my budget thinking took over. I thought of using cheaper speakers that I already have for effects, and 2 new Greenbacks for the dry sound. Thanks for the advice, I might consider your suggestion since I haven´t started yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: