Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Variax
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Variax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Variax Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
Did you use the line 6 variax on any of the tracks on Vibe Station?
Have you ever compared it to your regular guitars through a tube amp? I am curious about your general impressions of it. I remember reading that you used it on Footprints on the HBC record.
Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any Variax on Vibe Station. This time Bruce Foreman loaned me a hollow body for Chelsea Bridge. The strat sound of the Variax (using the pickups) is nice - not as fat as my Suhr, but still very useable. I like that it sounds different than my other guitars.
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the reply! Do you mean the strat emulation or the magnetic pickups on the tyler variax?
I am thinking about getting one to have some sonic variety for recording. Seems like a cool musical tool to spark creative ideas.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the magnetic pickups. The strat emulation on the Variax isn't as good as the real thing, but I'm sure that's true of all the emulations. The hollow body emulation sounds good on Footprints on the HBC record, but listen to Chelsea Bridge on Vibe Station and it's clear that a real hollow body sounds better. The great thing about the Variax is that it sounds good and it's extremely versatile - no other guitar in the world can do what it can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: