Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Good rhythm tone for plain ole rock and/or roll...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Good rhythm tone for plain ole rock and/or roll...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Good rhythm tone for plain ole rock and/or roll... Reply with quote

So I recently got the Fender Hot Rod ML and it is simply gorgeous! The clean tones are just divine!!! Everything I wanted the amp to be.

I'm looking for input on pedals particularly overdrive pedals. The Mad Professor "1" looks and sounds interesting. I dig Pete Thorns demo of it. I play mostly hard rock Alice in Chain, STP, some VH, Audioslave etc... I like that the 1 pedal comes WITH built in reverb but the Wampler Pinnacle pedal looks good too! So does the Xotic SL drive pedal... The Bogner pedals look cool too and then of course I'll need a Zendrive or something like that.

Scott, I know you dig the SD9, would you still choose that pedal if you wanted/needed a "pushed plexi"-ish tone? At what point do these pedals all kinda start to sound similar? I know the SD9 keeps the low end intact which is definitely a good thing...

Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard any of the pedals you mentioned, but I can say that I've tried about 20 distortion pedals in the last year, all of which I hated. I love the SD-9 because it has the same type of compression that a Tube Screamer has, which allows it to sound great with either the bridge, middle or neck pickup. The same can be said of the Klon Centaur, my other favorite pedal. The Fulltone PlimSoul is also great, but is more scooped and sounds best on the bridge pickup.

I don't think any pedals sound the same - there are always tonal differences, though they can be subtile, and you might not notice those minor differences when the guitar is in the mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: