Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - layering
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

layering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: layering Reply with quote

His Scott,

I've never had the chance to see you on stage (do you plan gigs in France?), and I was wondering how you feel about playing your material with a trio on stage, when you have all that different guitar layers in the studio versions.
Do you cut some parts? Do you feel frustrated, or fear that the audience would be? Did you consider having other guitartist(s) with you on stage?
Once more, thanks for you work, with TT or solo, and thanks for GuitarWank!
Kevin
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No gigs planned for France yet but we're working on it for October.

We played those songs as a trio long before the album was made - the layers were just added to expand the music, both sonically and compositionally. I try not to add so much that the song can't be played as a trio anymore. All the main parts are there on stage, and we're very used to the way they sound without the layering. It would be great to have a 4th guy to play some extra stuff, but that's luxury I can't afford.
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you say that, I remember that I had seen a video of you playing Sphinx long before the release of Vibe Station.

I can't believe I'm chatting with you. When I'll tell that to my friends... not that they won't believe me, they probably will. They just will say "Scott who? Who's that?"
Yeah, it's lonely at the top, even when it comes to musical taste!

I hope you can make it for October. But why did I ask for France? I should have said Luxembourg! They have some nice little places for small gigs, you can have audience coming from Luxembourg, Belgium, France, Germany at once, and above all I can be there within half an hour, while Paris is 4 hours drive from my home.
By the way, in October, I'm available on the 18th,19th, 20th, 25th, 26th, 27th. (just for your information Very Happy ). I let you chose the tracklisting, see how non-demanding I am!

Kevin
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I just saw a video with you talking about a tour in Asia around october. Does that mean that you no longer plan to come to France? Or later? Or that you're gonna do both tours in a row?

Kevin
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what happened to the gigs in France but my agent isn't talking about them anymore - looks like Asia is happening instead. Just so you know, this stuff is completely out of my department - the agents make decisions based on money and I just go where I'm told. Hope to make it to France soon!
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I see. So here I go...

Art Media Agency, Who art in Santiago de Chile
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy artists come,
Thy will be done,
in France as it is in L.A.
Give us this year our yearly gig,
and forgive us our two-hands tapping,
as we forgive those who two-hands tapped against us;
and lead us not into smooth jazz,
but deliver us from Kenny G Evil or Very Mad .

Hey man!

(I hope this does the trick)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: