Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Strat Wiring
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Strat Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kunichkin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Strat Wiring Reply with quote

Good day, Scott! i found a diagram of your strat wiring http://www.online-discussion.com/ScottHenderson/photo/Strat%20Wiring.jpg , but i have a few question. I have switch with a different enclousure, so can u tell me pin numbers on your diagram? And also is the red wire on diagram is for neck pickup? I couldn't find an answer on forum, sry. Thanks!

BTW, you tone videos really rocks, lots of good stuff there

Last edited by kunichkin on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
countandduke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hijack the thread but I'm also curious about a few "wiring" questions. For instance, Audio taper versus Linear? Any reason not to use linear on a tone knob especially do its a more gradual change of tone? What about capacitors on tone knobs? And also 500k vs 250k pots for single coil vs Humbucker...

If you cover this in your video, I apologize, I'll be getting those videos soon..

Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your switch is different than the one in the diagram, I wouldn't be able to help you because I don't know the pin numbers. The red wire is coming from the bridge pickup.

I don't know if John uses audio or linear taper pots - you'd have to ask him that. I do know that he uses 250k pots for single coils and 500k pots for humbuckers. On SSH guitars, he has a wiring using resistors which makes the pot 250k for the neck & middle pickups, and 500k for the bridge pickup. On the tone pots, he uses a 473 cap for single coils and a 223 cap for humbuckers, which is pretty standard.
kunichkin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here my diagram with pin numbers, i used hosco vlx 91 switch. Hope, it will help somebody https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B19hPlYgnanZdUNpWVlJX25iMTg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: