Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Custom Audio Amp settings
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Custom Audio Amp settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Custom Audio Amp settings Reply with quote

Hi Scott!
I saw a clip of your recent tour and your playing and tone is unbelievable. It looked like a custom audio head and cabinet. Would you be willing to share your settings for that amp on this tour and how your rig is set up?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a CA head and Kerry Wright open back 4x12 with Greenbacks. The way I have everything set up is on the gear section of my website. I'm using the crunch channel of the head with the bright switch on - the settings are presence 5, treble 4, mid 5, bass 2, gain 5, volume 6.
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much!!
countandduke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Volume Batman!!! 6!? Scott, is that with a volume pedal (or other) in the loop? I NEVER got my volume past 2 or even 3 at the most...

Best,
Chris

PS. I DO know that sometimes the difference in volume between 3 and say 6 isn't all that drastic but 6 volume on my SH/SE amp would have been CRAZY loud!!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SVC volume control in the FX loop which is usually at about 12 o'clock, which would mean the amp is on about 3 or 4. But there are times when it's up all the way, during the loudest part of a solo or section, depending on the room size and acoustics, and how loud I hear the other musicians. 6 may seem deafening at home but on a big stage it isn't.
Travis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
6 may seem deafening at home but on a big stage it isn't.

It's probably not much louder than the volume on 3 or 4, just more saturated?

Was the choice of the CAE head as opposed to the SH100 based on having to fly your amp with you? Or was it because you were digging the CAE more lately? Hope you're having fun out there!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit more saturated because the power tubes are working harder - but 6 is quite a bit louder than 4 on the OD-100. I don't usually turn my SVC up all the way in a club - it would kill the people in the front row!

I'm using the OD-100 because I have one at my agent's house in Europe. I didn't want to bother John to make another SH-100 when there was an OD-100 Classic available at one of his dealers in Italy. I don't fly with it - I can only use it for ground travel because these days airlines charge a fortune for overweight. When we fly, I rent a Marshall JCM 2000.

The SH-100 is a one channel amp, which is the crunch channel of the OD-100 Classic. The difference is that the SH-100 has the exact layout of a '71 Marshall, is hand wired, and has an aluminum chassis instead of steel. I think it sounds better than the OD-100, but it's a subtile difference in the studio, so I doubt anyone would notice the difference in a live situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: