Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - RC boost v2
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

RC boost v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: RC boost v2 Reply with quote

Scott

I love v2. I liked the old one but this new one sounds sweeter not even taking into account the extra gain stage. It is slightly compressed or something in a good way.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - I knew the extra gain stage would be useful but I was pleasantly surprised when the tone was even better than the original. What a great pedal!
Their new Soul Driven overdrive pedal is amazing too - I can't wait to get one but they won't be available for another month.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here the SD isn't available for another 9 weeks. Btw, i see quite a few RCv1's being offered second hand here in the Netherlands. It looks like RCv2 is giving people GAS... Smile
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did i wait so long to buy this one? Yesterday my first gig with the V2, it sounded great, different ballgame! The drummer loved it too. He is the one that has been sitting closest to all my amps during the last 25 years, i never sounded better according to him. The sound guy and his boss came up to me to ask about my gear, and i told them the simple truth: it's the Xotic RCSH or V2! I can't keep great secrets to myself, spread the word! Btw, both had never heard of carbon zinks. Wink
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is an amazing pedal. I leave it on always and run a clean amp unlike the way Scott uses his to drive a dirty amp. With the gain up to 9 o'clock on the RC my tele clean sound is huge. I was never able to get this good of a result with my old RC boost. I think they must have done small tweaks to the circuit.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to turn it off either, it's too amazing! I've always been a channel switcher guy but now i've decided to relearn and have switched to setting it up like Scott does with a light crunch on the plexi'ish channel of my amp and relearn working the volume pot. I haven't been as happy with my sound for many years and i really shouldn't have hesitated to pull the trigger on it.

Do you use batteries or wall wart? I just ordered 25 batteries and i'm curious how long my stash will last. The guy of the online shop told me that carbon zincs will be harder and harder to get as time goes by. Everybody else uses alkaline, lithium or rechargable, so the market for carbon zinc will get continuously tougher. I'm afraid NOS and VOS madness might hit the carbon zinc market with silly boutique prices. Or companies that relabel batteries, include two parts mambo jambo, and charge double, triple, or more because of that. For the most simple battery available.... Wink
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a drag if carbon batteries become "boutique". I buy 50 of them at a time for 99 cents each - my local thrift store always has hundreds of them in stock.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the carbon gets boutique, you'll have to pay 200 dollars or so for the 50. Don't forget to turn off your batterybox every break! Wink
Jace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this website. You can get boatloads of carbon 9v's for real cheap.

http://www.batteriesandbutter.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: