Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Santana said Beyonce can't sng and you say?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Santana said Beyonce can't sng and you say?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the rant Scott, i enjoyed it and i totally agree. But you really need to stop saying your playing sucks! Nobody can stop you from feeling that way, but please don't say it.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just making a point, but you're absolutely right - no one should say they suck. My playing could use some improvement, and that's not enough of a reason to kill myself with booze and drugs.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't make it to your last gig in Tilburg/Netherlands at the Paradox, but one of my best friends was there. My friend cried but it wasn't because of the music he loves so much, he cried watching you playing such divine guitar.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I was probably backstage all pissed off because of all the mistakes and wrong decisions I made during the show. Quite a big difference sometimes between the perspectives of the musician and the listener.

I'd like to add a quote by Carlos Santana:

"Marijuana is not drugs. Mother Nature makes marijuana."

At the risk of sounding like my dad, it contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Take enough of it over the years and it'll turn you into a walking vegetable who can't play shit.

Don't fucking insult Beyonce.
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Santana say something funny in an interview. I don't have the wording right but it was basically:
"When I want to play slide I just close my eyes and imagine I am playing slide."

I thought this was a funny concept. "When I want to play like John Coltrain I just close my eyes and imaging I'm playing great shit on a Sax" etc..
Rasik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please educate yourself in the correct spelling of John Coltrane's name. Kind of painful to see it spelt wrongly on such a forum.
In regards to substance abuse, seems that some of the younger crew (Alex, Guthrie, Kurt) are pretty serious & hopefully wont go down that path.
As you say Scott some of the older ones too (Jeff, George). On a Metheny forum, Pat was asked what beer he drank.... answer: "I don't even know what beer tastes like since I have never tried it."
Regarding professionalism, Steve Morse stated that the guys in Deep Purple still go on about how professional Joe was during his stint with them: knew all the songs on arrival & was always early & punctual for gigs... took it very seriously.
Although New Zealand is off the beaten track, we do get visitors: Roger Fox leads a "big band" & he often brings out guests for jazz, funk, fusion events. He has had Mintzer, Weckl, David Mathews (keyboards) & others over for special events so I will get in touch with him. Steve Smith performed a drum clinic with Q & A, so I quizzed him what was the experience like playing & recording with you & he answered to the effect that it was the highest level of playing.....
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santana probably was backstage smokin one more and raving about his stellar performance and how it alligned perfectly with the universe... Smile

One of my favorite Bill Hicks stories is Positive Drugs Story. Lots of great music in any ones music collection was created being under influence of some kind of drug. Even classical musicians use drugs, they like prescription drugs to cope with performance anxiety. I have smoked quite a few puffs here and there on stage as well as in the studio. It definetly deepens my overal perception but i quit using regularly the moment i discovered i started to rely on ganja instead of on my own. Drugs are not supposed to take over!
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rasik"]Please educate yourself in the correct spelling of John Coltrane's name. Kind of painful to see it spelt wrongly on such a forum.

Your a condescending prick.
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, I meant "your are" a condescending fucking dick head.
Rasik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear..... aggressive American I guess.. hohum Rolling Eyes
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anal retentive new zealander (there is no emoji for a tight sphincter.
Rasik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really I'm just not interested in engaging in personal attacks with you, simply about articulation but I'm fine if your not interested... chill & let it go....... or disengage
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool Rasik.
Rasik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man dizzy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: