Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - fun vid
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

fun vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: fun vid Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Yesterday I heard a song on a radio that reminded me a fun video that you may not know. It was one of the fist Whitney Houston appearances on the french TV. And she met Serge Gainsbourg, a french songwriter. He's written some of the finest french songs ever, but near the end he also turned into a dirty old perv (though it was hard to separate the actual guy and the character he had made up of himself).
I hope their french accent will not keep you from getting it.
http://www.ina.fr/video/I00009901
By the way, I was wondering if Gainsbourg was kind of known in the US. In France he became some sort of an icon, and I know a lot of English musicians have a great respect for him, but I don't know how far his reputation travelled.

Since I show you a very pathetic moment of Serge Gainsbourg, I think I owe him to show you that he had been a very crafted songwriter in an earlier life (though he was not a singer's singer, as you may notice), so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1FnOPtSJY

xxx SPOILER xxx
The TV host tries to calm things down. He says (in French) "He says that you're very very pretty". And Gainsbourg replies (in French too) "I never said that. I SAID I WANNA FUCK HER!"
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he's known in the US. I've never heard of him but that doesn't mean anything. I agree, not a singer, singer. I couldn't make it through 10 seconds.

Nice to see Whitney interviewed - she certainly was a star and deserved every bit of her fame. Mike Baker, the drummer for the Zawinul Syndicate when I was in the band, was Whiney's musical director for many years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: