Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Criteria for Great Tone
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Criteria for Great Tone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid 90's, pre pod and pre inears aera, i had a gig in a theater show where i stupidly agreed to leave the backline at home to plug my se70 stand alone into a so called hotspot. That was a 5 or 6 inch active speaker with tweeter, on a mic stand at near ear distance. Imagine the big sounds coming out of that, with the cab simulation of the se70. Smile Best part of my stage sound then was driving the speaker as loud as i could, just before the tweeter would explode instantly. Haha i broke several of those that tour. (What again? I just don't understand it.... Laughing) I would never recommend that setup to anybody, but still a producer that saw the show invited me to a record session because he loved that one guitar solo.

So, even a se70 as stand alone amp in those days could somehow sound decent to even a trained listener in the audience. If you're pleased with a modelers feel and sound, it's the best thing in the world unless you have a tube amp fetish. I'm getting old and lazy, i wish i'd feel that way about any modeler today.
Petja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojolang wrote:
^

"I would rather use a hot rod and pedals then a modeler."

.....then buys a $2,000 kemper and says he likes it.

I think it's pretty clear we're lumping modelers and profilers together in this thread....

Correct. Still digital. Whether modeled or profiled.

The rubberglove syndrome applies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: