Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Wayne Shorter Quartet
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Wayne Shorter Quartet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stampycatandstuff

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Wayne Shorter Quartet Reply with quote

Just had the amazing privilage to see the Wayne Shorter quartet with John Patitucci, Danilo Perez, and Terri Carrington at the San Francisco Jazz Center.

Floored. Absolutely floored. The interplay between musicians was incredible. Generally, I find that when I am not familiar with the music going into a live concert, it's a little harder for me to sync with it, so to speak. Not the case here. It was almost as if you could feel the souls of the performers coming through and touching you. Yes, that may sound a little over the top, but it's the best I can describe it.

Wayne Shorter is a LIVING legend, and I would highly encourage all who view this board to check his band out while you can. I left this concert completely inspired.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same way when I saw him play with Herbie. He has a seemingly endless melodic vocabulary - I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing him play. Plus he's written some of the best music in the history of jazz in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: