Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - VegaTrem - what do you think about it?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

VegaTrem - what do you think about it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: VegaTrem - what do you think about it? Reply with quote

Hi, Scott

Have you heard anything about "VegaTrem VT1 Ultra Trem". Tom Quayle has shown it in one of his videos recently. The most interesting feature is that it can be installed instead of traditional 6-screw tremolo with no addition drilling or any other modification. It has larger area of contact with guitar body than 2-screw trem systems, and the movable part of VegaTrem uses the entire length of its frame when swaying up and down but not only two points unlike in 2-screw tremolos.

What do you think about it, does it have any potential? Whould you like to try it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3H5SDi4ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5vh8GZ58vE
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea - every type of bridge sounds different. I wouldn't mess with one of my Suhr guitars because the bridges have been installed perfectly and they stay in tune great. I'm usually disappointed by this kind of stuff - the Fender vintage bridge is what makes a strat sound like a strat, but that being said, I have a Suhr with a Gohto two-post bridge - it doesn't sound traditional but it sounds good too.
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about that tremolo for the op.

If you tune your strat to drop d or some other tuning do you still have to retune all of the other strings or does it get rid of that problem?
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homie: Are you from Vega Trem? Have you tried it? Do you like it?
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Tom Quayle video. I have no idea about his amp or his settings but to me it sounds pretty harsh. Then i went to the Vega shop (bad name if you ask me) to check the price. Wow, that is pretty harsh indeed.

Besides that, these people claim to be revolutionary. I checked on a system some years ago that used the same technique. Can't remember the name though.
dizzy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious if you can change tunings live and not have to retune the other strings like you do with most floating bridges. This would be cool. Anyone know if someone makes a floating trem like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: