Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Let's be honest.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Let's be honest.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Let's be honest. Reply with quote

Hi Scott, hi eveyone.

The Walking Dead sucks.

It's the opposite of the great show it used to be, the last few seasons it's become so boring, slow, with lots of uninteresting dialogs, tons of unmeaningful scenes where nothing happens which bring nowhere.
Ok, i'm done.
Your turn.
Very Happy
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's be honest. Reply with quote

ItAllanLover wrote:
Hi Scott, hi eveyone.

The Walking Dead sucks.

It's the opposite of the great show it used to be, the last few seasons it's become so boring, slow, with lots of uninteresting dialogs, tons of unmeaningful scenes where nothing happens which bring nowhere.
Ok, i'm done.
Your turn.
Very Happy

You sure aren't talking about Rush albums past 82?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching it from the beginning - I'll be honest and say it's not as interesting as it used to be, although I like Negan and he's a big part of the comic book - I think he's a great character. My problem with TWD is that it's not about the dead anymore - now the zombies are just props for a apocalyptical battle between groups of people, which we've seen a million times on other shows. I thought the last two episodes were pretty good though - I like how Sasha sacrificed herself and became a zombie to fight Negan, but she had to do it anyway because they needed her for Star Trek.

I'd like to check out Discovery but I won't be ripped off by those assholes at CBS. Maybe they'll come to their senses and sell it on iTunes.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush? Wow, I think I've made it through 63 years and never heard a note of their music. Did I miss anything?
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Rush? Wow, I think I've made it through 63 years and never heard a note of their music. Did I miss anything?

Hah! great band for their time

Didn't Neil Peart play on Marabi on JB's first album? You guys probably weren't in studio together I am guessing.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, now that I remember, Jeff and I played with him in the studio. At that time I probably knew he played with Rush but didn't care since I'd never heard them. I just remember him being very nice and he was a little nervous because it was obvious he knew Jeff and wanted to do a good job. I was nervous too because that's one of the most difficult solos I've ever had to learn. It blows my mind knowing that Cannonball improvised that - what an incredible player.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Yes, now that I remember, Jeff and I played with him in the studio. At that time I probably knew he played with Rush but didn't care since I'd never heard them. I just remember him being very nice and he was a little nervous because it was obvious he knew Jeff and wanted to do a good job. I was nervous too because that's one of the most difficult solos I've ever had to learn. It blows my mind knowing that Cannonball improvised that - what an incredible player.

Yeah Neil prolly felt out of his element too..

Cannonball had the sweetest alto tone... besides all the great stuff he's done (ever hear that Cannonball and Coltrane record?), his solo on Flamenco Sketches is an all time great.

BTW as far as not having heard Rush, you never in your life heard Tom Sawyer.. or saw I Love You Man with Paul Rudd?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about Tom Sawyer and his adventures in school - Huckleberry too. I didn't see I Love You Man because rom-coms aren't my thing, but I heard it was good.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Segal has a long history with Rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIbk5O2bAlI
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about this classic scene as well, as segal learns what real drumming is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrMBIH2TBpU
Petar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:

This is very subjective of course.
I guess they are a good band but i never really heard something groundbreaking from them.
It's always some alright-ish stuff.

Meshuggah's drummer seems to be a huge fan of theirs.

- George Carlin
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petar wrote:
Scott Henderson wrote:

I guess they are a good band but i never really heard something groundbreaking from them.

You'd be hard pressed to find any good rock band that was formed from 1980 on that hasn't been influenced by those guys. Definitely one of the great prog rock bands. They hit the creative wall by like 1985..but produced one great record after another from their 2nd album when Peart joined until then. The first album is a pretty solid rock album, heavy on the zep influence but nothing like what was to come next.
Thelonious Beck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaeKwonDonut wrote:
Petar wrote:
Scott Henderson wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find any good rock band that was formed from 1980 on that hasn't been influenced by those guys. Definitely one of the great prog rock bands. They hit the creative wall by like 1985..but produced one great record after another from their 2nd album when Peart joined until then. The first album is a pretty solid rock album, heavy on the zep influence but nothing like what was to come next.

Very true. There are a lot of great musicians that are Rush fans; Jeff Berlin and Steve Morse, to name 2. Jeff Berlin dedicated the song All The Greats on his Pump It album to Rush. Steve Morse dedicated Truth Ola on his Major Impacts album to Eric Johnson, Jeff Beck, and Alex Lifeson. He also covered Rush's classic instrumental La Villa Strangiato on a Rush Tribute album. Alex Lifeson was a seriously badass guitarist before the keyboards took over in the mid-to-late '80s.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunes like YYZ and La Villa were stepping stones to discover more instrumental music for a generation.. from there we went to Brand X, RTF etc..
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, along with Andy Summers, Alex Lifeson helped create the power trio sound of the 80s. Big textural guitar stating the harmony as opposed to riff doubling or chord strumming. I think this influenced rock/pop guitar in an important way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: