Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Mistakes that were left in
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Mistakes that were left in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonza

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Mistakes that were left in Reply with quote

Hello Scott, I was just wandering that,

Is there any mistake you made while recording that ended being in the record on purpose? maybe cause it sounded better, maybe cause it opened up better for the next section or maybe because it was a creative idea you accidentally hit.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember them off the top of my head, but there definitely are some. If a mistake sounds cool, then it's not a mistake - it's adding to the music. I don't usually leave wrong notes in, but sloppy playing is a factor and I'm quite good at it, so some of that always gets left in. One mistake that I just remembered is on Mocha (Tore Down House). I was using Vintage 30's and when I played some high notes, they made that horrible cone cry - I left it in because I liked the notes I played, but the tone sounds like amateur hour.
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what minute does this cone cry happens precisely?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQ_Vw13NX4
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 3:04, right at the beginning of the solo, and a few more times after that, whenever I played the 5th. The speakers couldn't handle the volume and that note drove them over the top.
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if i understand, i hear a double note and a trill (like a phone ringing) that happens right before you hit the note, when you slide at 3:02 causing some high frequency to sound. It seems that's due to the sub-harmonics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFgTfb2EeTM

So, if someone really like the V30, the problem may be solved using a tissue paper and some water Very Happy

(But i still hear the trill at the end of the Jensen video Rolling Eyes )
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vintage 30 uses the thinnest paper of any Celestion speaker. That's what I was told by the artist rep at Celestion. They sound great, but if you push them too hard, they're gonna make that double note sound. I used 4 of them (120 watts) with a 100 watt head, which works with Greenbacks. I suggest having twice the wattage of the amp when using Vintage 30's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: