Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Thanks again, Scott :P
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Thanks again, Scott :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkyard

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks again, Scott :P Reply with quote

So I bought a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 tweed combo back in the 90s, you know, those ones that look like an old Bassman combo. I played a million gigs with it until I got my Marshall. Anyway, it’s been sitting untouched in my garage for years, I tried to trade it in to Guitar Center but they didn’t want it, so I just put it back in the garage and forgot about it.

Today, after watching the Youtube vid you did with Tim and Pete, I got the idea of using it as a wet amp. My Marshall has a switchable effect send that can be used as a line out.

Holy crap, what a difference. I eq’ed the peavey really dark as you recommend, and even though it’s a mediocre amp, as a wet amp only it amazed me how much it improved the overall sound. The Marshall now sounds pure and punchy and responsive instead of washed out, and there’s this wonderful dimension and fatness to the sound with the effects coming out of the wet amp. Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Smile

To any guitar player reading this, if you haven’t tried this, DO IT, you will be blown away. There’s a reason Scott and Landau do this, and it’s not because they’re weirdos and love hauling extra amps and speakers to the gig. My Strat sounded huge, dirty or clean.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome junkyard! Yeah in the old days you needed a lot of gear to do wet/ dry - now Suhr makes that line box which is the size of a small pedal and all you need is that and a little combo amp. Nothing to carry around but what a huge difference in the response of the dry amp, and in the overall sound image.
Rifflord

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to try this with a little 150$ marshall combo amp I have sitting in storage. I'm kind of an amp-noob and recently got a vintage fender twin combo after having been using line6 and axefx stuff for years (hell) so I'm still learning.

Could anyone tell me how I would set this up since my 77 twin doesnt have any effects loop or line out? It does have an additional output for "external speaker"
junkyard

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need one of these, as Scott describes above. Smile

https://www.suhr.com/electronics/tone-tools/suhr-iso-line-out/
Rifflord

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
You need one of these, as Scott describes above. Smile

https://www.suhr.com/electronics/tone-tools/suhr-iso-line-out/

I got that part! I'm just afraid i'd hook it up wrong and ruin something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: