Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - The new pedals you are trying out
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

The new pedals you are trying out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philentropy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you so much Scott !

Such useful information. And counting my blessings, happening upon this discussion. Partspipe is a godsend and the conversations on this board are wonderful.
slyzspyz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumberstrummer wrote:
...It’s been designed by Paul Cochraine after a Timmy, thanks to a special cooperation with DOD Corporation...

from what I've read, it's a collaboration between DOD and Christopher Venter (Shoe Pedals) not Paul Cochrane
ma36scott

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else have stories to share of their Partspipe "Klon"?

I got mine a few weeks ago and having been toying with it ever since. I was shocked at how much output it had. Is this normal for this sort of pedal? I'm used to cranking the output on most of my overdrive/distortion pedals, and this one about blew my head off when the output was cranked. I only have it around 11:00 and it still provides a substantial volume boost when turned on. When I do try to max it out, it pretty much steamrolls over everything in front of it and makes the amp fart out. Maybe that's just what the Klon does?
percyguitar

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma36scott wrote:
Anyone else have stories to share of their Partspipe "Klon"?

I got mine a few weeks ago and having been toying with it ever since. I was shocked at how much output it had. Is this normal for this sort of pedal? I'm used to cranking the output on most of my overdrive/distortion pedals, and this one about blew my head off when the output was cranked. I only have it around 11:00 and it still provides a substantial volume boost when turned on. When I do try to max it out, it pretty much steamrolls over everything in front of it and makes the amp fart out. Maybe that's just what the Klon does?

Hi ma36scott:

Thanks again for buying the Partspipe Klon from my friend Li Wen... Yes, this pedal has tons of output!!! I also set the output at around 11:00 and it’s LOUD!!!

When Scott was in Beijing playing at the Blue Note, he shown me how he set it while recording (I gave him a 2nd Partspipe Klon as a gift for backup in Beijing so he set it on the actual pedal), he set the Output to max!!! Treble (tone) at 11:00, Gain also set very high (I remember he told me he set it to max...) Imagine that going into his Marshall Plexi set to crunch ... I guess not many guitar players can play a few clear notes with that much Gain and Volume, almost impossible to play and control... maybe Scott can tell us how he uses it?

I also try to combine pedals with the Partspipe Klon, I put the Maxon SD9 (Gain at 2:00, Tone at 7:00, Output at 11~12:00) in front of it and set the Partspipe Klon’s Gain at 9:00, Treble at 11:00, Output at 11:00~12:00, guitar with 3 single coils pickups, bridge tone knob (2nd Tone) set very low to 2... it also works well with my other overdrive/distortion pedals. I just bought a Whirlwind Gold Box (a replica of the early 70’s vintage MXR Distortion+, it’s a very nice distortion pedal but a little too much treble and WITHOUT a tone knob, so I put the Partspipe after it as a boost and make it sound fatter and use the Treble knob (tone) on the Partspipe for tone tweaking and makes it sounds rounder and less treble...

Maybe others who also bought the Partspipe Klon can share some thoughts on it here ... Smile

cheers,
Percy Laws
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use most of my distortion pedals with the volume all the way up, including the Klon, but I'm not using much gain from the pedal, usually no higher than 12 o'clock. In my opinion this makes a more natural distortion with less fizz than doing it the opposite way. But maybe one reason it works for me is because I have my tone on the bridge pickup at 3 or 4, and the neck pickup on about 7. If I had those tone controls all the way up, I'm sure I'd have a completely different situation. I get a fatter tone by lowering the tone from my guitar and putting the mic close to the center of the speaker than having a trebly guitar and micing in the paper of the speaker, which is the traditional rock way to do it. That sounds great too, but it's thinner and more aggressive sounding - not as saxophone-like.

Last edited by Scott Henderson on Sat May 18, 2019 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
percyguitar

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scott !!! For explaining to us on how you are using distortion pedals, we all learned another great lesson Smile the volume and tone knobs on the guitar are very useful !!!
gurnisht

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott are your settings for the Partspipe Klon same as in your original Klon?
Thanks
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because the Partspipe is a direct clone of the original, only with better tone. I'm not kidding here, and I feel sorry for anyone who pays 2000 for an original when you can get a better one for less than 200. And don't waste your time with the KTR, and every other clone I've ever heard - they're not even close.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link to the Partspipe pedal we've been talking about. It's called a Professional Guitar Overdrive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Guitar-Overdrive-Boost-Effects-Pedal-Clone-Completed-1-1/392235925434?pageci=94b8c1da-b7fb-4c52-b180-5c868f8d14b1&epid=2271388698&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0U

You can use the Make Offer button and enter $160, and they'll tell you how much the shipping is, depending on where you live.
plexi

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried buying from the provided link but but was unable to as they don't ship to Canada
percyguitar

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

I just asked my friend Li Wen... there are two eBay links for the Partspipe Klon:

For US buyers only:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Guitar-Overdrive-Boost-Effects-Pedal-Clone-Completed-1-1/392235925434?pageci=94b8c1da-b7fb-4c52-b180-5c868f8d14b1&epid=2271388698&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0U

For international buyers (outside the US):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333140352482

Thank you again!!! Please use the above links and contact the seller and then use the “Make Offer” button and enter $160USD...

Smile ***** VERY IMPORTANT ****
When you contact the seller / Make Offer, you MUST tell them you are a friend of Scott Henderson and Percy Laws to get this discount price, otherwise they will still charge you $249.99USD and refuse to let you Make Offer. This discount price is ONLY for Scott Henderson’s fans / friends Smile

There are 4 looks of the pedal, they all sound the same,
exactly like the one Scott is using Smile

1) Gold
2) Gold with Horsie
3) Silver
4) Silver with Horsie
Contact the seller (my friend Li Wen or his staffs) they will send you photos of the pedals.

cheers,
Percy
blackstratblues

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine, it sounds great boosting the Crunch channel of my Soldano SLO100. Here are a couple of pics:

peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Partspipe coming my way, that means i broke two rules:
- i registered at Ebay
- i purchased a Klon

Thx Scott and Percy!

Scott i guess this one likes carbonzinks better as does the RC?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone will think I'm nuts for posting this, but my original Klon came with instructions to use Duracell alkaline batteries. Later I was told by a tech that the Klon draws power from the battery differently than most distortion pedals, so using a Duracell makes sense. I have to agree because the Klon sounds better with the Duracell than the regular carbon batteries I use in my other pedals.

Here's the weird part - I tried an Energizer alkaline battery and it made the Klon sound terrible, so what's the difference between a Duracell and an Energizer? They're both alkaline, right? Apparently there's some things I don't know about batteries.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Apparently there's some things I don't know about batteries.

I find that hard to believe Scott. On a scale from 1 to 10 in knowing your batteries, you go to 11. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: