Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Germany
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Germany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexClou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Germany Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I was checking your tour schedule and noticed that you'll play in Hameln and Mainz in Germany this tour, which are actually not really the main music cities here.
How comes you're not playing in cities like Cologne or Berlin? I mean I'm sure there must be a reason behind that, it just seems so odd to me.
Is there anything that could be of help, to get you playing in the more known venues here? Is that even of interest? Or do they give you a bad deal here?
Just really curious about that, I noticed the same with some other Jazz/Fusion Musicians.
thanks,
Alex
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad fact is that often the big cities don't pay much. LA and NY are perfect examples in the states, and I'm sure it's the same in Europe. I've never played in Paris during my 30 year history as a bandleader. I haven't played in Amsterdam and Copenhagen in 20 years, Berlin and Zurich in over 10, etc. However we often play in Munich, London, Rome, Milan, Stockholm, Athens, Vienna, Moscow...

It is strange, especially since I play in most of the major cities in Asia and South America. Thanks for reminding me that I need to have a talk with my agent.
percyguitar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
The sad fact is that often the big cities don't pay much. LA and NY are perfect examples in the states, and I'm sure it's the same in Europe. I've never played in Paris during my 30 year history as a bandleader. I haven't played in Amsterdam and Copenhagen in 20 years, Berlin and Zurich in over 10, etc. However we often play in Munich, London, Rome, Milan, Stockholm, Athens, Vienna, Moscow...

It is strange, especially since I play in most of the major cities in Asia and South America. Thanks for reminding me that I need to have a talk with my agent.

Hi Scott:

Yes!!! The major cities in Asia are waiting for you to come back!!! Hopefully Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong!!! And of course Tokyo, Osaka and other cities in Japan I guess!!?

cheers,
Percy Laws
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: