Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Your favorite tune from Tribal Tech (1991)
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Your favorite tune from Tribal Tech (1991)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Your favorite tune from Tribal Tech (1991) Reply with quote

Scott, i was wondering whats the last time you have listened to the Tribal Tech 1991 album, how has your opinion of the album changed and which is your favorite tune?

That album holds a special place for me because it's the album that got me from metal/rock/blues to people such as yourself and Chick Corea.

The first time i heard it was the year 2000 and i was like 13 years old.
My neighbor is a drummer and was blasting it all day long.
At that age i was mostly listening to light stuff like Deep Purple and i couldn't believe what i was hearing.
I thought, wow these guys play like they are out of tune, that's cool.
Now when i think about it, it's kind of funny.

I didn't eat lunch at school for a week to save money to buy the album on cassette, fun times.
My favorite song has to be Got Tuh B or Elvis At The Hop
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as composition alone, that's probably our best record. I actually like all my tunes, which I can't say about the other records. I like all the Willis tunes too, except for Necessary Blond - neither the song or the person he wrote it for is necessary.

I guess my favorite of my songs is Big Girl Blues and my favorite from Willis is Wasteland - I think it's one of his best compositions ever.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says the guy who's home is done up in western motif tapestries
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the most inside joke ever written on this message board, and your screen name too, so you must be a close friend of either Willis or Covington.
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
As far as composition alone, that's probably our best record. I actually like all my tunes, which I can't say about the other records. I like all the Willis tunes too, except for Necessary Blond - neither the song or the person he wrote it for is necessary.

I guess my favorite of my songs is Big Girl Blues and my favorite from Willis is Wasteland - I think it's one of his best compositions ever.

I would have to agree with that statement.
But you know...Rocket Science is another one that has some very good work on it.
It was certainly in my eyes, more aggressive and hard hitting fusion that made my grandma think i am in a cult listening to alien space music. Haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: