Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Has anybody here tried Farfield IR's?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Has anybody here tried Farfield IR's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Has anybody here tried Farfield IR's? Reply with quote

There seems to be a lot of discussion on TGP how Farfield IR's sound way more natural than other type of IR's that tend to be more popular commercially.

There's a person on there who has a farfield based on the deluxe reverb 1x12 and people seem to be freaking out over it. Has anybody here tried that one or other farfield IR's?

The celestions are cool with my Suhr Reactive Load and bella, but I haven't been totally sold with them to be honest.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not happy with my IR rig either - I used it in the studio to keep the guitar out of the drum mics, but when I got home and starting playing through my real cabinet - well, no contest is a huge understatement.

I went on the Farfield website and only found one pack of IR's even slightly interesting, but saw this: NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.

Does that mean the IR's won't work in Mix IR?

I also saw one pack and the only 4x12 was a slant. How dumb is that? Then I saw another pack with no 57. Even dumber. I won't be spending my Panda Express money on this shit unless someone I totally trust tells me they sound good and will work without owning an Axe FX.
jason3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there's this one guy who is emailing people his IR's. Apparently he's some type of IR guru and he's not selling them. I tried it, and although it may not suit your personal taste, I think it's next l level. And it can definitely show the realism possibility of an IR.

Are you a member on TGP? You can message Jay Mitchell directly and he'll send them to you.

This is the thread I was referring to.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ir-properties.2047238/page-51
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm getting ready to leave for a tour but when I get back I'll check it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: