Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Setting up Wet/Dry rig - Dealing with FOH
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Setting up Wet/Dry rig - Dealing with FOH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phawinp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Setting up Wet/Dry rig - Dealing with FOH Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I know the signal chain is: Speaker out from dry amp > Suhr line box > EWS SVC > SE-70 > Wet amp input.

Do you have 1 patch on SE-70 that is 100% dry with no FXs and use that patch only at soundcheck just to level the two amps?

Please share with us how you deal with sound guy at the soundcheck...

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my FX patches on the SE-70 are 100% wet because there shouldn't be any dry sound in the wet amp. Yes, I have an FOH (front of house) patch on the SE-70, which I use at sound checks to adjust the volume of the two amps in the PA. It's easy to do.

I use a delay patch and make the delay really long - about 1 second with no repeats. The output of the patch is all the way up, and I adjust the volume of the wet amp so both amps are the same volume. I also adjust the EQ of the wet amp to sound very similar to the dry amp, just a little darker. Then the sound man adjusts the two amps to be the same volume in the PA. I tell him to keep the relationship between those two faders the same throughout the concert. When I use my regular delay/ reverb patches, what I hear on stage will be what the audience hears. If I change the volume of the wet amp with the SVC, those changes I hear are also heard by the audience.
phawinp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Scott. That FOH patch is a great idea!

And when you adjust wet amp volume using the FOH patch, do you leave your SVC at noon?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so I have room to adjust either way. I'm glad you like the idea - I'm sure it'll work for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: