Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - NAMM Concerts at Tone Merchants, Including Scott!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

NAMM Concerts at Tone Merchants, Including Scott!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: NAMM Concerts at Tone Merchants, Including Scott! Reply with quote

Okay, tickets are being offered and reservations are being taken to a select group of people (preferred customers, friends, people in this industry, etc.) before being offered to all sometime next week. I've already taken reservations for nearly 20% of the seats. I expect all the shows to sell out before January, so please reserve early. SH Forum fans are being offered the seats early here. Here are the dates:

Jan 18-20 (Tue~Thu), 8PM: Guthrie Govan will perform two sets each evening: one with his trio the Erotic Cakes (with his brother Seth Govan on bass and drummer Pete Riley) and another with the Fellowship (the same lineup with the addition of Zak Barrett on sax). Thomas Leeb and Eric Roche will open the evening with an acoustic set of solo and duet performances. Should be absolutely amazing!

Jan 21, Fri, 8PM: All-Star Cornford Gala evening featuring JMR (www.jmrmusic.com), Rob Balducci, Guthrie, and Richie Kotzen. Richie is the headliner for this evening and the gala will be a launch party for Cornford's new RK100 signature amp which has been garnering rave reviews.

Jan 22, Sat, 8PM: This will be an All-Star Vigier evening featuring kid wunderkind Nick Sterling, bassist extraordinaire Tripp, our own Ed DeGenaro and buddy Chris Nix on guitar, Craig Erikson with John Avila on bass, and then Mr. Bumblefoot himself - Ron Thal. Also, you can expect to catch John Avila's daughter and phenomenal prodigy singer, Liela, on one or more of these evenings as a special guest.

Jan 23, Sun, 8PM: This will be a Suhr extravaganza with the Scott Henderson Trio and then the latest addition: Joel Hoekstra (www.joelhoekstra.com) with Ric Fierabracci on bass, Joel Rosenblatt on drums, and Walter Fischbacher on keyboards. Both Scott and Joel will feature the OD-100 besides Suhr guitars. This is the sleeper show of the week! What a way to wrap it all up with Scott!

Admission for each show is $20.

It's going to be an amazing week of great guitar playing and music here. I won't even be going to NAMM although it'll be a 5-minute drive away from here. I'll have more than I can handle right here! Very Happy Cool Don't miss Scott perform here if you're going to be out here for NAMM!

www.suhrguitars.com
johnsuhr@suhrguitars.com
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed that is an amazing lineup!

Hope to see everybody at Tone Merchants NAMM week - I'll be there! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Tone Merchants NAMM week Reply with quote

Kirk 95,
Are you going to go to the Tone Merchants gig AND NAMM? If you are how about a review? I think that would be cool to hear what goes on!
And thanks for the invite to hang out in Boulder, been their before it's a beautiful place! Cool
Say Hi to Scott for me. HA (((((Scott))))) Razz
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else going to these? I will be at Tone Merchants Thursday and Sunday nights.... Can't wait. I am also going to try and catch Landau after Scott on Sunday night. That would be quite the night!!!

I will be running around NAMM all week! Hope to see some of your there!
Eliguitar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah..i'll be at tone merchants on sunday night for sure!I didnt know landau was playing on sunday as well...gotta check it out.Is he playing at the Baked Potato?
Im leaving to LA tomorrow...its nice to finally go somewhere warm!(its 12 degrees in NY!) Shocked
Peace
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Landau is at the Baked Potato Sunday night..... Shocked
UncleSalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice if someone that went to Sunday night's show could put up a review or a setlist. I'm looking forward to hearing about NAMM, too.
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this show?

Read all about my NAMM05 adventure here:
http://online-discussion.com/Blog/index.php
UncleSalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
You mean this show?

Exactly! Great photos, Captain. Cheers. Was that first photo taken during soundcheck? There doesn't seem to be anybody watching. Any pearls of wisdom you're going to divulge from your lunch with Scott?
clovis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

AWESOME pictures from NAMM Kirk.....Thanks for posting those. How does someone get to go to NAMM?> Is it by invitation only or can you buy tickets? I'd love to go to one of those sometime. Do you have to be representing a business or company, etc?

Did you get to see Greg Howe perform while there? If so, how was it? I can't wait to hear more from your experience there....

John R.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an awesome show. That was the 5th time I've seen him in the last year and I thought that was his best in terms of sound, energy and intensity. I was fried from the Vigier Bumblefoot madness at the shop from the previous evening, so I wasn't in the mood for another kind of intensity, so I sort of took all of it in from outside save for a few tunes. I espcially love watching Scott perform Sultan's Boogie.

We found the set list on the stage floor with some numbers next to each song. Seems to be some sort of a cryptic code. Does anyone know what these numbers mean?

All Blues 1 1 - 1
Dog Party 1 5 - 1 2 3
Meter Maid 1 2 - 3 4
Sultan's Boogie 9 - 2 1
Lady P 1 1 - 2 3
Fee Fi Fo Fum 1 1 - 1
Nairobe Express 1 3 - 0 4 1 2 3
Devil Boy 7 - 1 2 4 3

www.suhrguitars.com
johnsuhr@suhrguitars.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: