Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Chick Corea
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Chick Corea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travolta is a moron, not like Cruise, who's actually a very intelligent guy. I always wondered how a guy like that could be sucked into a cult as ridiculous as Scientology.

Chick went to Narconon because he was a heroin addict. Narconon is owned by Scientology, so he traded one drug for another. In his case, Scientology probably saved his life, but it's the people who don't have any real problems to speak of - they get dragged into Scientology and that becomes a problem far bigger than any problem they ever had, or dreamed of - they're the real victims.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha yeah, I believe everyone at least on here would agree on Travolta being thick.

Who knows, for Cruise it could be Mimi Rogers' late 80's arse that could probably manipulate some men into signing up for anything, topped with a sprinkle of hope for his dyslexia cure (bollocks).

That's at least what is on the internet.

He is intelligent and maybe equally as good acting off the set. His presence on most shows and interviews is somewhat dark and awkward. Predictable for an ambassador of such cult. After reading all this about him, he just seems like he's dying to tell everyone about his big secret all the time, like he's got a "better than the rest" reason for laughing almost hysterically at times.

Regarding Chick, who knows what goes through some people's minds battling addiction of any kind...
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Chick is gone, maybe you could have Frank now on the show and introduce yourself to him..? Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people who's heads your joke flew over....

The guys in Chicks band recently did an online tribute to him, and when Dave mentioned my name, Frank said "who?"

We had a laugh about it on GuitarWank.
moogmarshall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your solo on Silver Temple (first Electric Band album) is still my highlight from that record! Maybe Mr. Gambale should buy a guitar-TONE-course from "My Music Masterclass"... I've heard there is a good one.
Kalin Belchev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You and Petar used the word “dumb”, and that might describe some of those people, but a lot of them are intelligent and well educated, like many were in the Jim Jones cult - but they drank the Kool-Aid anyway.

The low level members of this cult, of which I read and watched documentaries some years ago, do not strike me as very intelligent nor educated enough.
One has to have pretty big gaps in their education to get hooked on this dirt.
I don't get it - how an intelligent and well educated person would believe in this sincere bullshit. Same about flat earthers... lack of a lot information, mainly 4th grade attention in class.

Last edited by Kalin Belchev on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that some people are just stupid and make easy targets for cults, but it's also true that many intelligent people suffer from low self-esteem. Artists and people in the entertainment industry are especially vulnerable to problems with self-hate and insecurity. That's one of the main reasons so many of them turn to drugs.

Scientology targets those people in particular, claiming to have the "secrets" to help them feel better about themselves, but the remedies they offer are nothing better than what anyone can find in a self-help paperback at the local bookstore - and the bookstore doesn't charge $200 to read the first chapter.

Also, people are more likely to be sucked into a cult when one of their friends influences them to join, or someone they respect, like a famous actor or musician - but talent and fame don't have anything to do with a person's mental health. Watch TMZ if you don't believe me! Smile
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
I agree that some people are just stupid and make easy targets for cults, but it's also true that many intelligent people suffer from low self-esteem. Artists and people in the entertainment industry are especially vulnerable to problems with self-hate and insecurity. That's one of the main reasons so many of them turn to drugs.

Scientology targets those people in particular, claiming to have the "secrets" to help them feel better about themselves, but the remedies they offer are nothing better than what anyone can find in a self-help paperback at the local bookstore - and the bookstore doesn't charge $200 to read the first chapter.

Also, people are more likely to be sucked into a cult when one of their friends influences them to join, or someone they respect, like a famous actor or musician - but talent and fame don't have anything to do with a person's mental health. Watch TMZ if you don't believe me! Smile

It's very hard for me to imagine being pulled into a cult.
Coming from the STEM fields, when i hear some of the shit they tell people, you have to be braindead to believe it.
It's like...Xenu did what now?
People need more hard sciences in high school so they understand that the human senses are super limited and intuition ain't worth dog shit.
If you can't prove something and it's not verifiable, you ARE wrong 100%.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather be talking about guitar pedals, but your statement "If you can't prove something and it's not verifiable, you ARE wrong 100%" won't go over too well with religious people.

I'm not a religious person myself but I'm not about to tell my friends who do believe in some kind of God that they're 100% wrong. Science hasn't proven there isn't a God, and until it does, I'm OK with knowing that in my current human condition, I don't have enough information to know the secrets of the universe.

However, when religious people organize themselves in order to hurt others, or try to politically rule others according to their beliefs, that's a cult mentality. I'm absolutely 100% against that shit and I'm very vocal about it, here, on Facebook, and even on my albums which say "no organized religion, cult, or sect was used in the making of this album."

Hurting people also includes lying to them in order to take their money, which is what Scientology is all about. They're scum, the lowest form of life on Earth, and that also includes "Christian" leaders who live in mansions and fly around in private jets - they're all con-artists who should be in prison for grand larceny. Unfortunately it's not illegal to take money from people who're too stupid or mentally fucked up enough to give it away.
TopDog

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud you Scott for stating your views here. I agree with everything you wrote.
MarkLawrence

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good take on Scientology was the documentary by Louis Theroux called "My Scientology movie" which is in parts hilarious, ridiculous and downright frightening.

After the 'Five Peace Band' show in London some years ago a mate of mine had a bit of a chat with Chick as he was leaving the venue and he was apparently very keen to direct him toward the local 'church' Shocked What an incredible musician though.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tae Kwan Donut - I had to remove your posts because they violate the rules of this forum. We can't trash talk people's music here. You can say you don't like it, it's not your thing, whatever, but you went over the line.

I've never been a fan of the Elektric band either - I don't like any of the records they made after me and I don't even like the record I'm on, but that's just personal taste and it doesn't (shouldn't) mean anything to anyone but me. Your post is insulting to them and especially to Gayle, and that's not allowed here.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Tae Kwan Donut - I had to remove your posts because they violate the rules of this forum. We can't trash talk people's music here. You can say you don't like it, it's not your thing, whatever, but you went over the line.

I've never been a fan of the Elektric band either - I don't like any of the records they made after me and I don't even like the record I'm on, but that's just personal taste and it doesn't (shouldn't) mean anything to anyone but me. Your post is insulting to them and especially to Gayle, and that's not allowed here.

You got me all wrong! I love everyone in this life!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome - you're welcome here anytime! Sorry I spelled your name wrong....
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
That's awesome - you're welcome here anytime! Sorry I spelled your name wrong....

No worries!
Always enjoyed The Leprechaun.. mostly because of AJs tracks, and mrs C fits well on there.

That first Elektric Band turned the key for a lot of younger musicians at the time, now you can't find a player in their 50's who wasn't influenced by that first album. All due respect to carlos, but it was yours, daves and johns playing on those records that made people excited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: