Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New Custom Shop Maxon SSD-9
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New Custom Shop Maxon SSD-9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: New Custom Shop Maxon SSD-9 Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
I’ve seen yout post on FB re a new CS brainchild of Maxon, https://maxonfx.com/products/super-sonic-distortion-ssd-9. They have updated the good old SD-9, solving some acknowledged issues (e.g. tone pot), and adding some new featutes as well as a tighter response on bass, etc…
Just viewded a YT video from Goodlyke and the new pedal sounds awesome.
Is that described in the link above, the pedal your are referring to in your post?
I’m not sure, as your pedal looks different, has a raw metal enclosure…
If the pedal is THAT, BTW do you know when it will be available for putchasing in Europe?
Many thanks in advance
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link takes me to a blank page. The SSD-9 wasn't designed by Maxon, it was designed by Mr. Tamura, who no longer works for Maxon. He licensed it to Maxon but they only made 70 of them. That's the pedal they wanted me to endorse, but I insisted that it needed to have a real switch, so it became the SH-9 which will be released by TWA, a division of Godlyke, in the 1st quarter of 2022.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Scott.
Thus if I got it right, if I either get one of such limited run Maxon’s SSD-9s, or wait for the TWA issue of their SH-9, I would get the same exact pedal, right?
Many thanks[/img]
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonically yes. Physically no - and financially no too, because people are beginning to find out that only 70 of those were made, and won't be made again. If you want an SSD-9, better find one quick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: