Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Neck Humbucker In Bridge Position
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Neck Humbucker In Bridge Position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenderfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Neck Humbucker In Bridge Position Reply with quote

Hey Scott. I know that you like to use a ‘not hot’ single coil in the bridge like the vintage Strats but have you ever used a neck humbucker in the bridge position? It seems like every humbucker set on the market comes with a slightly hotter bridge for better volume balance or something like that.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that I don't like hot bridge pickups when it comes to single coils, I like all three pickups to be the same. However humbuckings are a bit different - I think a neck pickup like the Seymour Duncan Jazz would be too bright in the bridge position. Also, a '59 in the neck position would probably be too muddy, especially in a guitar like a Les Paul. I used a Jazz/ '59 combination in my Tribal Tech guitar and it seemed to work for me - I didn't experience that "hot bridge" problem like I do with mismatched single coils.
lidesnowi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago i put a Seymour Duncan 59n (reading 7,67 kOhm ) in the bridge position on one of my strats.
First with the original Alnico 5 magnet fitted, but that was way too trebly so I changed the magnet to an roughcast Alnico 3 and
WOW!
A 59n with the A3 in the bridge is da shit!
Try it !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: