Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - SD 9 Signature
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

SD 9 Signature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexClou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:01 pm    Post subject: SD 9 Signature Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Is there any update on when your Signature SD9 will be released.
I was planning on getting an SD9, but it might probably be worth it to wait for your version.

Greetings from Germany,

Alex
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be very soon! They're in the process of getting the power coating and graphics done. There are two versions, not in sound, just cosmetic On one, the SH9 logo is the same color green as an SD-9. I wanted to do this out of respect for Mr. Tamura, since he's the inventor of the SD-9. The other one has all white graphics and my signature.

I'm going to do a video on the pedal, not to show off, but just to demonstrate the difference in tone between the SH9 and a stock SD-9. In my opinion it's not even a contest - the SH9 is much bigger sounding, and the tone control is now useable! It still has all the compression of the SD-9, so it's the perfect pedal for legato playing. The Klon is also a great high gain pedal but not nearly as compressed, so it's better for picking with dynamics.
AlexClou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a awesome upgrade. Looking forward to your video, thanks!
Rolly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is this coming out?

I just picked up the Suhr signature guitar and am loving it. I don’t play anything like Scott…more like if Dickey Betts and Jerry Garcia had a fart baby…but it plays like a dream and works really well for me.

I don’t really have any dirt boxes other than a fuzz right now and this popped up on my radar so looking forward to checking it out.
ultraknilch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott!
I’m also really interested in any news about the pedal!
What about the video demo you were mentioning?
Also I hope that you‘ll soon play in Hamburg, Germany - I was soooooo sad the see that the german gigs got cancelled Wink
regards
Mads
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SH9 is in production and should be released sometime in May. They finished editing the video I did for them - it's not one of those shred videos where I show off my playing, I'm just playing a few notes on the SD-9 and a few notes on the SH9 so people can hear the difference.

The German gigs got canceled because those clubs were only at half-capacity, but we're coming back in September and hope to play a lot of gigs in Germany!
erakare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my order in! Can't wait to get it! Thanks, Mr H for the impetus to get this made, and for sharing the process and news with us...
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you've just released the best video on guitar tone ever.
You're the MAN, but we already knew that.
countandduke

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Shit!!! Scott, the video of you comparing the SD9 and YOUR signature pedal is fantastic!!! Seriously guys and gals, Scott shows how each pedal is different by playing very similar riffs if not the exact same notes and switching between the pedals. The BEST side by side comparison I’ve seen in a LONG time! It’s often hard to hear subtle differences as it is but Scott switches the pedals so quickly and back and forth so it’s VERY easy to hear.

Great job Scott!!!

IF you were using this pedal with a completely clean amp (because that’s all that was available) what change(s) would you make?

Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris! To answer your question, I think the only way to get distortion tones with a totally clean amp is to combine pedals. I've had to do it a few times, and I had the best luck by running a distortion pedal like the SD-9 into a boost pedal like the RC Booster (the white one or channel 1 of the new one). The boost pedal takes the place of the crunch channel of the amp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: