Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Current Live Rig?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Current Live Rig?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject: Current Live Rig? Reply with quote

Hey Scott, been a while since I posted or asked a question. I looked through the posts (quickly) but didn't see the answer to my question although I have an idea.

Curious what your current live rig is. I know you can't ship your entire setup overseas but I'm curious if you are still using a multi-amp live setup. Hot Rod Deluxe and another amp for effects?

I imagine you are using your signature Xotic Pedal and the SH-9 (or the SD-9) and the boss SE-70.

Thank bud take care and travel safely. Hoping you can come to Chicago again. I helped you carry in your amp in Chicago many years ago at Martyr's.

Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rig hasn't changed in a long time - Suhr SH-100 head, Kerry Wright 4x12 straight cab with 8 ohm Greenbacks, and Fender HRD for the wet amp. I have that same gear in Europe, which luckily I'll get to use on the upcoming tour because there are very few flights.

I bring my pedalboard suitcase which also has the SE-70. The only thing that's changed is the SH9 replacing the SD-9. I'm still using my signature 2-channel RC Booster, which they don't make anymore, but their V2 version is the same exact pedal with just a few cosmetic changes.

I put a Greenback speaker in the HRD's. Maybe not a good idea for use as a dry amp since it's not enough wattage, but it improves the quality of the reverb and delay.

For Asia and South America, I rent a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100, 2 Marshall BX 16 ohm cabinets, which are straight cabs with Greenbacks, and HRD. I put one of the cabs behind the rig facing backwards, since I'm only using it to make the amp run at 8 ohms. Doesn't sound as good as my rig but it gets the job done.

Thanks for your help at Martyrs!
dizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott

Do you like the sound of individual 8ohm speakers more then 16ohm or is it just that you like the total load on the amp to be 8ohm?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The load on the amp sounds better at 8 ohms in my opinion, and I've A/B'd that situation in the studio. I had two identical 4x12 cabs, one loaded with 16 ohm Greenbacks, the other loaded with 8 ohm Greenbacks. I have a feeling that a lot of metal guys use one 16 ohm cab with a Marshall head - it's that thin, small sound I hear on those records. The 8 ohm cab produces bigger notes.

I don't think I've ever seen a one speaker combo with a 16 ohm speaker in it - there's a reason for that.
dizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
I have always defaulted to 8ohm because every amp seems to have an 8ohm option. But I guess it was a happy accident:)
countandduke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Scott. It was my pleasure to help. You all played great that night and I've commented about that already AND the witty banter back and forth from your bandmates and the engineer (Ray).

Best,
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: