Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Boss Ce2 Chorus
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Boss Ce2 Chorus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:59 pm    Post subject: Boss Ce2 Chorus Reply with quote

Hey Scott

How did you used to set your ce2 chorus for a basic chorus sound to enhance chords?
I remember hearing you live with that pedal and it was a nice non-cheesy chorus sound.
I have a ce2 clone(jam waterfall) and I’m trying to find the sweet spot.
If it’s too light it sounds like a flanger and if it’s too deep it sounds out of tune.
Or maybe that’s why you switched to the arion? The arion sounds great but I’d rather not buy a new chorus.

Thanks Scott
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't had one in many years so I don't remember the settings. It's a great chorus though. I like the SCH-1 more because it's deeper sounding and a bit more transparent.

If you ever decide to get one, BEWARE! (said in a spooky voice) There's another one out there made by Arion with a similar name, made in Taiwan, not Japan. It sounds terrible, nothing like the SCH-1. Also, the SCH-1 will destroy your tone when it's turned off, but so will the CE-2. LA Sound Design could fix that by installing a true bypass switch.

Another great chorus: Analog Man - sounds kinda like the SCH-1 and is true bypass.
https://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_Mini_Chorus_p/am-mini-chorus.htm
dizzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott

Yeah—I realized that when I got the wrong arion and compared it to my friend’s sch-1. So I already made that mistake:)
The sch-1 was so much better—it didn’t even feel like the same pedal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: