Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Tip on great new axe instructional DVD set
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Tip on great new axe instructional DVD set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazz Fusion Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Tip on great new axe instructional DVD set Reply with quote

Hello Scott Henderson & T Tech fans,

I realize www.EER-MUSIC.com is known for promoting great fusion and progressive rock music, especially guitar-driven, and I would like to personally recommend and give a heads-up to you about one of the best guitarist tools I have seen in a long time. It has set a new standard for instructional media. I have owned many of this type instructional material before -- be it Allan Holdsworth, Scott Henderson, Shawn Lane and so on but John McLaughlin's new offering is without comparison. I highly recommend it.

Just visit the link below for more info:
McLaughlin DVD set

I have never seen such a uniquely effective and useful guitar instructional
DVD set like this one since I have been playing axe. Recommended!
~ EER-MUSIC.com Editor

Thanks

ChrisPtacek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That post reads like an advertisment. I don't know if there's a reason for that. But as someone who has the DVD set, I can verify that this is a hell of a cool piece of work. It's really best for McLauglin fans... you're not going to see John do anything at all similarly to someone like Scott H or Robben Ford... everyone has his take on improv. McLaughlin's just done a great job at compiling information on his own.
spencer0960

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is an advert. look at the guy's www and read his posts.

im not to say that advertisment is wrong or cheapens music, but dont post it like that. conduct your business like a professional. kinda bullshit if you ask me.
cajzell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. Strange how it gets a sour taste when you read it. If a friend ou know had said those exact same words, you would have thought it interesting and relevant. This shit don't belong here, even though the DVD may be cool.

Caj Zell
dkaplowitz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisPtacek wrote:
as someone who has the DVD set, I can verify that this is a hell of a cool piece of work. It's really best for McLauglin fans... you're not going to see John do anything at all similarly to someone like Scott H or Robben Ford... everyone has his take on improv. McLaughlin's just done a great job at compiling information on his own.

Chris,

Can you give any more details about what this DVD set is like? I looked at the samples on the web site and it looked kinda' basic to me. What is the course like? What kinda' stuff does JM cover? How are the examples? How advanced does it get?

Thanks for any info,

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: