Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Fall 2006 South and Latin America Tour Pics Up
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Fall 2006 South and Latin America Tour Pics Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Fall 2006 South and Latin America Tour Pics Up Reply with quote

Not a lot of them, but you can meet Alan.
Hit the
NEW Fall 2006 Central and South America Tour Pics.
link at:
http://www.johnhumphrey.com/

Happy Holidays,
JohnH
Kimock Freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,
Thank you so much for posting those. It's great to get a small glimpse of how much fun you all must've had down there. Especially with it being summer time in that hemisphere. So, how do you like playing with Alan? He's awesome. I have seen him play in quite a few different bands over the past 8 years or so. Do you know if that was just a one time tour relationship, or will he be coming back as his schedule permits? I think he is a great fit for you & Scott. If you or anyone else is interested in hearing him play with Steve Kimock, Bobby Vega, and Ray White (yes, from Frank Zappa's band), here is an enormous wealth of good quality live recordings. One of my favs. is New Years Eve 12-31-98. Did I mention, it's all free!?

http://tinyurl.com/yzeogr
johnh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Sorry I Missed It!! Reply with quote

Hey KF,
Sorry I missed your post back in December!
I guess you know Alan is out here with us in Europe (March 2007) and it's been going great. Yes I enjoy playing with Alan very much. We're starting to get to know each other's playing for real now and having a lot of fun.
Alan's told us some funny stories about KVHW and I want to check out some of those performance links you sent along.
Thanks!
JohnH
Kimock Freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sweat, at all. I love having 8 month conversations. Cool

Yes, I have been keeping an eye out to see if you guys will ever get back here to tour the States. Yeah, yeah I know, it just don't pay the bills. Europe has a much better rock scene now, than over here across the pond anyway. Which disgusts me, but I'll leave it at that.

Well, I do see you guys are playing a couple of acts after Dave Brubeck! Suweet!!! Too bad it's all the way in Detroit. But at least it's over here. Anyway, keep on grooving, and hopefully you guys will release something fairly soon with Alan playing on it. Perhaps Alan has mentioned the little trip that he & Ray White had while driving the gear truck from the SF Bay Area up to Portland, circa Sept. '99. I'm not sure anything truly eventful happened on the way, but Ray does mention it, doing some scatting on a cover of, "It's Your Thang." I'm sure that show is on the link above. The date would be 9-9-99 at the Crystal Ballroom. Speaking of Ray, he has been on FIRE with Zappa Plays Zappa. Really belting it out, like it's nobody's business. I was quite shocked to see him playing through two Cyber Twins, but whatever works for ya...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: